Mazda 6 Forums banner
1281 - 1300 of 1307 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
403 Posts
shit you supercharged damn
Hell YES!
looked around at buying something else, didn't like the 2.5T and test drove a bunch of other cars but nothing felt as good as my Mazda, and I'd have to spend over $10k to switch.
So I started on a Skyactiv Supercharger Quest, I was already fully tuned N/A and considering cams or catless headers or cobbling together my own centrifugal supercharger based system.
Finally found a Chinese company that released a kit for all 2.5L Skyactivs in 2019, had to get creative to get it here... now it's been almost a year since install, $6k total invested, 100+hp added (not dyno'd yet, but according to the MAF and Fuel data when logging in MazdaEdit, it's 52% more are and fuel...), still iterating on getting it fully tuned, we're proceeding very slowly/cautiously as this is my daily and the first in the US :cool:

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
'Cuz mfrs need to be assured the take-rate would be high enough to generate profit...
Man, I read that abbreviation waaaay wrong 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
I guess I'm not 'woken-up' (woke?)... Take-rate = choice of wagon (over non-wagon), to my way 'o talkin'...
Sigh... no... you said mfrs... m ef ers... MFers...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hell YES!
looked around at buying something else, didn't like the 2.5T and test drove a bunch of other cars but nothing felt as good as my Mazda, and I'd have to spend over $10k to switch.
So I started on a Skyactiv Supercharger Quest, I was already fully tuned N/A and considering cams or catless headers or cobbling together my own centrifugal supercharger based system.
Finally found a Chinese company that released a kit for all 2.5L Skyactivs in 2019, had to get creative to get it here... now it's been almost a year since install, $6k total invested, 100+hp added (not dyno'd yet, but according to the MAF and Fuel data when logging in MazdaEdit, it's 52% more are and fuel...), still iterating on getting it fully tuned, we're proceeding very slowly/cautiously as this is my daily and the first in the US :cool:
that is really cool. I wish I had more money and no warranty. Outside of intake and exhaust I cannot do anything.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
that is really cool. I wish I had more money and no warranty. Outside of intake and exhaust I cannot do anything.
According to the Magnuson Moss warranty Act, you can do anything you want to your car and only void the warranty on the part thats modified. For example, if you change your muffler, you only void the warranty on the factory muffler. Now, if you suffer trans failure and the dealer tries to void the warranty stating the muffler made such a power increase it put the motor at harm, they have to prove your minor mod did in fact cause the motor to fail and not something else. Mitsubishi dealers were known for trying that on the 2nd Gen Eclipses saying a K&N increased power so much that it caused the transmission to fail lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to the Magnuson Moss warranty Act, you can do anything you want to your car and only void the warranty on the part thats modified. For example, if you change your muffler, you only void the warranty on the factory muffler. Now, if you suffer trans failure and the dealer tries to void the warranty stating the muffler made such a power increase it put the motor at harm, they have to prove your minor mod did in fact cause the motor to fail and not something else. Mitsubishi dealers were known for trying that on the 2nd Gen Eclipses saying a K&N increased power so much that it caused the transmission to fail lol.
Yeah but I am beyond privileged that my parents bought me this car at such a young age. I want to respect them and not do anything stupid to take any risks. Plus, not being in a financially amazing situation since school is my priority having no worries because of a full warranty is quite nice.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Plus, not being in a financially amazing situation since school is my priority having no worries because of a full warranty is quite nice.
I do not fully or partially understand what the priority of your financial message is to your point.

1281 - 1300 of 1307 Posts