Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1237 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's some "wet tshirt" shots on a cloudy, gloomy drizzly day in Florida...don't see too many back angled or from above photos so here's a couple. Before this car I was envious of my neighbor's newer (probably a few yrs old) Camry with my 1998 saturn parked next to it every day. Now, not so much...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Delray Beach. Good to know I'm not the only one down here with this car. Aside from a neighbor of mine I have yet to see another one in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
..did that guy on the last page really put a moonroof and leather into his sport manual?!
thats quite an undertaking...

looks good lowered
Yes. I did. It's came along amazing. And is done. Here is my build list.

Description
Mazda 6 sport 6spd MT
• Blue Mica
• 18% carbon film tint
• Custom Katzkin Pearl and Black Leather(installed by coach automotive)
• aftermarket Sunroof (installed by coach automotive)
• 20" Avarus AV6 wheels
• 5/16" spacers on the rear
• 1/4" spacers in the front
• 1.5" H&R lowering springs
• Tinted Tail Lights
• Pioneer double din DVD head unit
• Back Up Camera
• 2x 720 watt Kenwood 4 channel amps
• 1050 watt Kenwood class D mono amp
• 4x 6.5 inch Infinity Reference speakers (doors)
• 2x 3.5 inch Infinity Reference speakers (fronts)
• 2x 4 inch Infinity Reference speakers (rears:custom fit)
• 12 inch infinity reference sub in sealed enclosure.
• 100 feet of 14 guage wire (super tedious to install)
• Viper alarm w/ remote start
• 2 layers Dynamat in the trunk and doors

·
Registered
2 Posts

Description
Mazda 6 sport 6spd MT
• Blue Mica
• 18% carbon film tint
• 20" Avarus AV6 wheels
• Tinted Tail Lights
• Back Up Camera

Can you post some more pics? Also, when you lowered it, all you installed was the H&R Springs? Did you need an alignment? Also, for the wheel spacers, what size hubcentric measurement did you use? I want to space out the stock wheels but I don't know what size spacers to get. Can you advise?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can you post some more pics? Also, when you lowered it, all you installed was the H&R Springs? Did you need an alignment? Also, for the wheel spacers, what size hubcentric measurement did you use? I want to space out the stock wheels but I don't know what size spacers to get. Can you advise?
I will get some pics up soon. It was just the springs since the drop is so modest. It did need to have an alignment done. Its a must for sure. Whenever you change springs it changes the geometry of the suspension and throws everything off.

As far as the spacers go. I bought non-hub centric. I hand tightened each lug, turning the wheel to make sure the lug I was tightening was at 12 O'clock then tightened with a torque wrench moving up in 30 ft/lb increments to 120 lbs. took it on a 10 minute drive on the freeway getting it up high speed then checked the torque again when i got back. Check, check, check, drive, then check torque again. There was absolutely no vibration either. Its not Ideal I know but I am not going to be tracking the car and it was able to get about 8-10 turns maybe more of the lugs on the bolts. I know someone is going to tell me that the wheels are going to fall off. But if you take your time do it right and dont abuse your car you'll be fine. I m sure there will be new hubcentrics coming out soon and I might invest in a set then depending on if I have any issues. I am guessing i will not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will get some pics up soon. It was just the springs since the drop is so modest. It did need to have an alignment done. Its a must for sure. Whenever you change springs it changes the geometry of the suspension and throws everything off.

As far as the spacers go. I bought non-hub centric. I hand tightened each lug, turning the wheel to make sure the lug I was tightening was at 12 O'clock then tightened with a torque wrench moving up in 30 ft/lb increments to 120 lbs. took it on a 10 minute drive on the freeway getting it up high speed then checked the torque again when i got back. Check, check, check, drive, then check torque again. There was absolutely no vibration either. Its not Ideal I know but I am not going to be tracking the car and it was able to get about 8-10 turns maybe more of the lugs on the bolts. I know someone is going to tell me that the wheels are going to fall off. But if you take your time do it right and dont abuse your car you'll be fine. I m sure there will be new hubcentrics coming out soon and I might invest in a set then depending on if I have any issues. I am guessing i will not.

Damn, that's a whole lotta work for that much movement. I need like 1/2 an inch in spacing... Did you happen to measure the hubs though? Rumor has it it's the same as the 2013 models. In that case, they would transpose on these as well, no?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Damn, that's a whole lotta work for that much movement. I need like 1/2 an inch in spacing... Did you happen to measure the hubs though? Rumor has it it's the same as the 2013 models. In that case, they would transpose on these as well, no?
I did not measure the bore on them because the spacers were non hub-centric and it made little difference. However the hub depth appeared to be about 10 mm. Though I wouldn't quote me on that. As far as putting In the work to mount the wheels I wanted to make sure it was done right and I would rather take the extra 3 minutes a tire then have to take everything off and start over. I want the car to look like it would've "came from the factory that way" and I think that the smaller spacers really do the trick.

Here are some before and after shots:

Before.

After.

And a shot of the custom leather on a manual sport!!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Description
Mazda 6 sport 6spd MT
• Blue Mica
• 18% carbon film tint
• 20" Avarus AV6 wheels
• Tinted Tail Lights
• Back Up Camera
How did you install the Pioneer head unit? What harness/kit did you use? My local car audio shop says they can't replace the head unit yet until parts are available.

41 - 60 of 1237 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
320 Participants
Modzas6x
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing