Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 2014 6 has 96K miles and I feel that the belts should be replaced. Does anyone know of a good how to video? I've heard that the H2O pump belt does not have a tensioner.

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

Stay safe.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,313 Posts
My serpentine blew up on me while on the highway so if you're thinking it's time to replace, definitely do so.

I was GOING to make a How-To for replacing it but ended up being frustrated enough with the process that I didn't bother. :whistle:

From what I remember, there's very little room to work with and your best bet is to pull the passenger side wheel off and peel back the fender liner. You'll be able to see the bottom part of the belt straight through, and accessing that and the tensioner aren't too terrible, but it's the upper portion that's a real nuisance since you can't get your hands at it from the top or bottom of the engine. Getting enough leverage on the tensioner wasn't terrible but also not too fun.

Sorry I can't be of more help - if you want to spend the ~$10 on eBay you can get the full workshop manual DVD which should have all the info you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts