Mazda 6 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Chrome handles take away from the clean look. As for tire rack, they don't have the best selection for 20s IMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Agreed. Chrome handles are less clean, less sporty,but more classy. It's a tradeoff that makes more sense with certain car colors than others. But ghetto it ain't.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
More classy??!! No sir- they look dumb. Even factory chrome handles. Add on chrome handles are even worse. These aren't damn Mercedes or Lexus

Nice.

Your statements conflict by saying they don't look classy then you say it isn't a mercedes or lexus, acknowledging that many classy cars have chrome handles, which would say that in general the masses feel chrome door handles can be quite classy.

And there have been many references by peers of mazda6 owners and automotive journalists that this car looks upscale, so putting chrome handles on an upscale looking car is not dumb.

I can't tell they are add on until I put my hand on the handle, so whether they are factory or add-on has no bearing on the looks.

You don't like them, fine I respect that, but your take like it's a matter of fact is way off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ugh- if you guys like adding chrome door handles to your cars, go for it. I insinuated Mercedes and Lexus bc they are actual luxury, and the chrome handles compliment the rest of the car usually. Saying chrome would set off polished lips is just tasteless IMO. This isn't a pep boys accessory forum. To each his own- you like chrome door handles, go for it. You can add on some of those sweet stick on side vents while you are at it;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
The one thing I will never understand is when people plastidip their already body-color door handles black... Black/unpainted door handles usually come on the absolute cheapest trim level of already cheap cars.
@Hoyta don't kill me but I've been thinking of chrome handles for the VIP look lol

Reactions: ZackDickey

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
@PRiiCeLeSS @ExB5 Do you guys know if those chrome trim pieces for the fog lights can also be installed on a model with out the fog lights(still have the same cut out). I have a 2015 Touring with no fog lights but would like to add that trim.
Yes they do fit the same. I've got them on my Touring (see picture in my signature). It arguably makes that area of the car look better with the Touring (with louvers) than the GT (with fog lights).

·
Registered
90 Posts
@solar365 Thanks for the response! They do look nice, you pic made up my mind:D, did you just order them off of eBay? And it was hard to tell from your pics are yours the longer ones or shorter ones as it appears there are 2 different kinds?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yes there are two kinds. The short ones go on the black plastic which are what I have from justautotrim.com. The long ones actually go on the paint above the black plastic. It's a matter of personal taste which to go for, although the black plastic already has the feature there it just isn't chrome, so I think the added chrome there integrates better and looks 100% stock.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
@PRiiCeLeSS @ExB5 Do you guys know if those chrome trim pieces for the fog lights can also be installed on a model with out the fog lights(still have the same cut out). I have a 2015 Touring with no fog lights but would like to add that trim.
As solar mentioned and has a set...yes, the chrome brows can be installed on the non-fogs black grille bezels.

I was supposed to get a chrome set as well...but digressed and I went all the way, and bought the LED DRL brows/fog kit instead. Way better looks than just the sole chrome brows...on fogs. At even off lit, the LED DRL fog brows looks chrome trim brows, in itself...so why not have it lit/shine, in the dark as well. :)

Reactions: ZackDickey

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes it does.

·
Registered
631 Posts

@rightfullrudder - "Moar pics (and stats) pleeease!"

:drool:
There aren't really that many pics of it because we only test fit one wheel, but again that's a Work Euroline DH, 19x9 +10 with a 225/35 tire, on the stock unrolled front fenders of a bagged 3rd gen 6.

141 - 160 of 758 Posts