Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 722 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
18s still too small?

So, I've been toying with some ideas for wheels and I wanted to see how 18s would look on my car. I've only seen 18s on one other 3rd gen, but at stock height, it wasn't working. These are with the wheels from my M45, 18x8 on 235/40/18. What do you think?

Oh, and for gits and shiggles

·
Registered
631 Posts
So, I've been toying with some ideas for wheels and I wanted to see how 18s would look on my car. I've only seen 18s on one other 3rd gen, but at stock height, it wasn't working. These are with the wheels from my M45, 18x8 on 235/40/18. What do you think?

Oh, and for gits and shiggles
Two things:

A: Why the hell are you driving a Mazda6 with an M45 in your garage?

B: Here is how to make 18s look good. (Scott if you're on here post and identify yourself, I forgot what your username is.)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Matter of a taste, but I think it is smallish... <_<
Yeah, I'm kinda torn on it myself

Two things:

A: Why the hell are you driving a Mazda6 with an M45 in your garage?

B: Here is how to make 18s look good. (Scott if you're on here post and identify yourself, I forgot what your username is.)

LOL! Long story, but one of the reasons is that the M gets around 19MPG and I have a 50+ mile round trip daily commute. Plus, I do a bunch of miscellaneous driving around - already racked up 12.5K since mid-October.

I WISH I could bag mine, but I don't know where I'd find the time to even take on something like that. I work a full time job M-F and 20hrs on the weekend at Autozone (for the parts discount, of course. LOL!), not to mention I'm starting school in 3 weeks. Makes my 30 years old feel like 65.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I really want to see 21" rims on our car after seeing how good they look on the tesla model s

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That crossed my mind too, but I think I'd run too much of a risk of messing them up with the small sidewall that I'd have to run for them to fit.

I think I've pretty much settled on G35 19s. Light, strong, and should be pretty close to flush.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
That crossed my mind too, but I think I'd run too much of a risk of messing them up with the small sidewall that I'd have to run for them to fit.

I think I've pretty much settled on G35 19s. Light, strong, and should be pretty close to flush.
This may sound crazy but which ones, I Googled "G35 OEM 19s" and got two different results.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has anyone tried out the OEM Maxima wheels on a 3rd gen?

I am starting to look around for another set of wheels that I can put some snow tires on that still look decent.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I still have a few buddies on the Nissan forums that swap, trade, and sell them from time to time and would give a good price. I'll be on the lookout just in case.

Are those brown or black. It is bright outside and I'm on my phone, lol. Either way they look professionally finished

Correction, they are Bronze Burst. The color is along these lines:

I think that makes me want them more.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I still have a few buddies on the Nissan forums that swap, trade, and sell them from time to time and would give a good price. I'll be on the lookout just in case.

Correction, they are Bronze Burst. The color is along these lines:

I think that makes me want them more.
Man that is a color to be had...If you don't want them, pass along the link and I may jump on them. I think that would be a stellar color on the white pearl.
:drool:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Test fit my buddies STI BBS rims in gold. They are 17x8 so a mighty big drop in size from the 19s. I didn't purchase them, he just let me put them on and snap some photos. They are for sale though. Our wheels are actually kind of light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Those STis actually look good on there.

I don't know, bro. Our wheels are like 31lbs at 19x7.5. Even those G35s are 19x8.5 and 21lbs. With such a small difference in overall weight, I'm going to guess those STi wheels had some heavy tires on them.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Those STis actually look good on there.

I don't know, bro. Our wheels are like 31lbs at 19x7.5. Even those G35s are 19x8.5 and 21lbs. With such a small difference in overall weight, I'm going to guess those STi wheels had some heavy tires on them.

Yeah because I jumped on the NASIOC forums and found out that the BBS 17's only weigh 60 pounds for all 4 rims. So basically 30lb tires...lol.

61 - 80 of 722 Posts