Mazda 6 Forums banner
661 - 680 of 762 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok i have no idea after reading this whole forum if 19x9.5 Et40 with 245/40/19s on Tanabe or H&R springs will fit with no rubbing or having to roll the fenders, dont really want to do that. I know the 19x8.5's will fit butblike the deeper concave look of the 9.5. HELP!!!! Also which springs are the more comfortable ones? I know the H&R's drop it a tad bit more but not that concerned with that. Ride quality is more important to me. Also where is the best place to purchase the ones you like? Thanks guys! Wheels are in the picture, in the following post going on a soul red M6 with the tech package. Let me know how you guys think it will look

·
Registered
100 Posts
I need some input fellas. So I decided to restore my Blitz 01 into its former glory. They are staggered 18x8.5 +48 , 18x9.5 +42. I may run 5mm spacers in front. Can I wrap these in 255-40-18 without rubbing?? I would like as much rubber as possible.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As for my current wheels see below; but I've been thinking of calling around for some pricing on powder coating my current wheels. Does anyone have an idea of what the average going rate would be to do the wheels?

I'm thinking of possibly going w/ a black chrome look (if it's possible for them to powder coat a color like that)....opinions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know they can paint that color on. Axe was explaining to me the 3 step paint process on there "hyperblack" which is like a black chrome. The pic i posted they are much darker than they really look. I havent heard of anyone being able to powder coat them like that though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:nerd:

Smoked tails...LIKE 'EM!

Like the illuminated emblem also (thought of doing this myself). Did you have to drill a hole to connect them to the trunk lid license plate light, or was it already there when you removed the OEM Logo?
I second the question about the illuminated emblem. I want to do this, but I can't seem to find many DIY's about it.
Hey guys! Sorry i've been MIA. No drill for the illuminated emblem. I made a walkthrough here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical-lighting-audio/392649-led-tail-emblem.html

Cheers!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is my wheel setup. 20x10 +45, running on 245/35/20. I am running Megan Racing coilovers, as low as they go in the front, about 2/3ds down in the back. Front fit just fine, back needed to roll the fenders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2017 M6 Touring with the premium package in Soul Red. H&R springs with AXE 19x9.5 CS lite wheels in Hyperblack with Firestone Indy 500 245/40/19 tires and i love it!!! Before and after pics

Looks great!! I just picked my 17' M6GT.

Still not 100% sure on what wheel to get but will be lowering with coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Haven't posted outside the noob forums but here's the car.

Lowered on bc coils, as low as they can go, camber on the front has not been touched, need time to take the fronts out and measure to see what smaller springs I can fit in it.

First I bought some white 18s (18x8.5 +30 & 18x9.5 +35, 215/35 on all 4 ... way too small).

Later sold them and got some 20s locally as well (20x9 +32 with 245/35 & 20x10.5 +42 with 275/30)

Roll & slight pull on the rears, rolled the fronts just because I had time.

Notes: In the rear the fenders have some silicone bead, it's probably gonna come off if you roll, mines did. Plan that you might need to paint or protect the area.
Also, in the rears after I pulled the fenders the inner liner got loose and cut one of the tires up pretty good, used duct tape to tape inner liner to the fender and fixed that.
In the rear the tire rubs the inner liner on really big bumps when at speed, does not touch the fender at all. No idea what I'm gonna have to do to the front once it goes lower.

That's all I got.

Seems like I can only post 1 attachment so here is a link to various other photos.
https://imgur.com/a/OhoFf

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone
I wanna change my stock 19" rims to 17 "rims for winter. I wonder that if i choose 235mm wide tyres on stock rims that are 7.5 wide, will these tyres fit? And if they suit, how do these tires affect to fuel consumption?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi everyone
I wanna change my stock 19" rims to 17 "rims for winter. I wonder that if i choose 235mm wide tyres on stock rims that are 7.5 wide, will these tyres fit? And if they suit, how do these tires affect to fuel consumption?
You probably want narrower tires in the winter. I’d stick with the stock size or even narrower. Looks like 215/60-17 is cheaper that 225/55-17...at least here in the states. Might be the way to go?

Reactions: drsb

·
Registered
15 Posts
You probably want narrower tires in the winter. I’d stick with the stock size or even narrower. Looks like 215/60-17 is cheaper that 225/55-17...at least here in the states. Might be the way to go?
thank you so much:)
you are right. i find not much more tyre for 225/55r17. but there are also more tyres for 235/55r17. but your suggestion,that i didnt think/recall, is best. but i wanna ask about will the handling or braking with narrower tyre be hard or bad? if i choose all season tyre and to use all time with 215/60r17, do you suggest that? because the roads are so bad for 19inches rim in turkey

·
Registered
675 Posts
Im guessing the assumption with winter tires is that you’ll be driving much of the time on snow covered roads or in low traction situations (wet, ice, cold, slush, etc.) Therefore, you won’t be pushing the handling limits of your car very much, so some degradation in handling (within reason, of course) would be acceptable. There are also “hi performance” type winter tires available, but they’re probably more expensive.

How bad are winter driving conditions where you live in Turkey? Do you really need winter tire or could you get by with all season tires?

Also, if your road surfaces are pretty poor, you’d be better off with a 17” tire with a higher aspect ratio 55% vs. 40 or 45% anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im guessing the assumption with winter tires is that you’ll be driving much of the time on snow covered roads or in low traction situations (wet, ice, cold, slush, etc.) Therefore, you won’t be pushing the handling limits of your car very much, so some degradation in handling (within reason, of course) would be acceptable. There are also “hi performance” type winter tires available, but they’re probably more expensive.

How bad are winter driving conditions where you live in Turkey? Do you really need winter tire or could you get by with all season tires?

Also, if your road surfaces are pretty poor, you’d be better off with a 17” tire with a higher aspect ratio 55% vs. 40 or 45% anyway.
Thank you
I am living in egean region so winter is warm but in summer it is very hot like 50C. And i travel a lot but i do not prefer to drive on ice if i can.. I dont drive sporty a lot but i love that my m6 is like sticky to road so i dont prefer to reduce this sticky drive.

661 - 680 of 762 Posts