Mazda 6 Forums banner

641 - 660 of 756 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
There has to be a way to only see the pictures. People posting comments have made this thread TOO BIG
Use the "search this thread" feature to find the fitment you're trying to achieve, or other keywords.

As far as my contribution:

19x8.0 ET35 TSW Bathurst, 225/45R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, lowered on BC Racing Coilovers, and with front fenders rolled and pulled.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Car is looking great Zeffer

Reactions: Zeffer

·
Banned
75 Posts
Use the "search this thread" feature to find the fitment you're trying to achieve, or other keywords.

As far as my contribution:

19x8.0 ET35 TSW Bathurst, 225/45R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, lowered on BC Racing Coilovers, and with front fenders rolled and pulled.
I still don't understand why you are running ET35 wheels, instead of ET45, for example. What is the purpose of going with a lower offset? You have the stock tires size, yet your setup looks kinda flush. Is it because the wheels are 8.0? Is it because of the offset?

Also, why you did you roll the front fenders? Is it because of your coilover or because of the wheels?

So, technically, I could buy regular 225/45R/19 right now and in the future buy wheels likes yours, for example, with numbers lower than ET45 and higher than 7.5

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I still don't understand why you are running ET35 wheels, instead of ET45, for example. What is the purpose of going with a lower offset? You have the stock tires size, yet your setup looks kinda flush. Is it because the wheels are 8.0? Is it because of the offset?

Also, why you did you roll the front fenders? Is it because of your coilover or because of the wheels?

So, technically, I could buy regular 225/45R/19 right now and in the future buy wheels likes yours, for example, with numbers lower than ET45 and higher than 7.5
My offset at ET35 is 10mm less than the stock 19". What this does, is it pushes the wheel outwards, away from the car. The centerline of the wheel (that is, the middle point from end to end) is offset 35mm from the mounting face of the wheel (where the wheel meets the hub). A lower offset wheel, pushes the wheel further out. That is how people achieve a 'flush' look. Offset and width don't necessarily happen to have anything to do with eachother. It just so happened that the wheel style I wanted would only fit at the offered size: 19x8.0 ET35.

I rolled and pulled the front fenders to clear the wheels. I'm lowered pretty far on coilovers, and they'll rub on hard turns, or bumps while turning. The fender work helps this. I was fine on stock wheels. Since I went wider (lower offset + 0.5in width), it pushed the tire closer to the fender. The work helped alleviate most of that.

You could buy 225/45R19 and buy wheels like mine, yes. With lower numbers, and higher than 7.5in but only up to 8.5in. Remember to reference the chart I posted in the other thread; it'll tell you how wide you can go with certain tires. A 225/45R19 tire fits well on a 7.5 or 8.0, and is pushing the limits at 8.5

·
Banned
75 Posts
My offset at ET35 is 10mm less than the stock 19". What this does, is it pushes the wheel outwards, away from the car. The centerline of the wheel (that is, the middle point from end to end) is offset 35mm from the mounting face of the wheel (where the wheel meets the hub). A lower offset wheel, pushes the wheel further out. That is how people achieve a 'flush' look. Offset and width don't necessarily happen to have anything to do with eachother. It just so happened that the wheel style I wanted would only fit at the offered size: 19x8.0 ET35.

I rolled and pulled the front fenders to clear the wheels. I'm lowered pretty far on coilovers, and they'll rub on hard turns, or bumps while turning. The fender work helps this. I was fine on stock wheels. Since I went wider (lower offset + 0.5in width), it pushed the tire closer to the fender. The work helped alleviate most of that.

You could buy 225/45R19 and buy wheels like mine, yes. With lower numbers, and higher than 7.5in but only up to 8.5in. Remember to reference the chart I posted in the other thread; it'll tell you how wide you can go with certain tires. A 225/45R19 tire fits well on a 7.5 or 8.0, and is pushing the limits at 8.5
I understand now. It seems the perfect setup for our cars is

255/35R20 with 20x8.5 and et35. The 255/35R20 makes the tires basically the same diameter as the stock 19s.

That's what Byakuya has and many others do as well.

But, not only are 20" wheels more expensive, but also the 255 tires. I haven't lowered the car yet and based on how much I drive, I will probably need new tires by the end of the year. If I buy regular 19s then, I'm gonna have to wait till they are done for, so I can jump to 20s, otherwise, I'd be throwing money down the drain.

Not sure if I can afford 1.5k wheels + 1k tires by the end of the year.

gotta pay to play I guess

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey I actually really like the look of that and have considered doing the same to my stock wheels. How much did that cost you?

Here are the new shoes on my Floki.

They're simply black chrome painted factory 19s but I'm falling in love with my car all over again.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I see you!!

Here are the new shoes on my Floki.

They're simply black chrome painted factory 19s but I'm falling in love with my car all over again.

:nerd:

Smoked tails...LIKE 'EM!

Like the illuminated emblem also (thought of doing this myself). Did you have to drill a hole to connect them to the trunk lid license plate light, or was it already there when you removed the OEM Logo?

·
Registered
64 Posts
:nerd:

Smoked tails...LIKE 'EM!

Like the illuminated emblem also (thought of doing this myself). Did you have to drill a hole to connect them to the trunk lid license plate light, or was it already there when you removed the OEM Logo?
I second the question about the illuminated emblem. I want to do this, but I can't seem to find many DIY's about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys!! I was curious if you guys could point me in the right direction. I'm interested in some concave style wheels that are 19x9.5 +35 and was wondering if they would fit and not poke out too much. Would be going on a 17' M6GT.
I don't mind rolling the front and rear but def don't want to do any pulling. Also what size tires could i run? 235/40?

Bonus question: What springs ride pretty smooth but also provide a decent drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

641 - 660 of 756 Posts