Mazda 6 Forums banner
621 - 640 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Next Stop: ROTM

Hey brotha Vincent what's going on? Do you have new stuff for our 3rd gen 6? I know you do and you gonna share it to us later on. Just kidding bro. What I'm saying is that if you did not post your ideas here on the forum, my 6 will not look like this. Actually a lot of people ask me if my 6 is the 2017 model. Which is for me is a compliment. The look of my 6 right now owes it to you bro. Now I'm waiting for new stuff for our 3rd gen 6 that you gonna post or share here. LOL. Anyway here's the current look of my 6. Thanks brotha!
:nerd:

Thanks for the KUDOS! When I joined the forum, I shared my main desire was to be a contributor, not just a consumer. I'm glad to know that my posts were inspirational to your gorgeous hauler! I guess it's time to suggest that you get recognized for your hard work, and put your ride on display for Ride Of The Month:

6OTM Submissions & Voting - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
:nerd:

Thanks for the KUDOS! When I joined the forum, I shared my main desire was to be a contributor, not just a consumer. I'm glad to know that my posts were inspirational to your gorgeous hauler! I guess it's time to suggest that you get recognized for your hard work, and put your ride on display for Ride Of The Month:

6OTM Submissions & Voting - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Thanks again!
Thanks brotha! Maybe next submission. I'm trying to avoid that lowered wagon. That wagon is a sure winner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone!
I'm New here and a real noob when it comes to these types of stuff!
Been reading this entire thread. Was great to see all of your sweet cars! Keep posting!!

How come in some pictures people have 10.5 wide rims and they don't poke out, but some have 9.5 and they do?
The offset seems to be fairly the same.. I don't get it!

I want 9.5 19" offset 40 with 245/40 all around, using stock suspension. I know they will fit but here in Sweden they are not allowed to poke out, will they??
Will I encounter any other problems? Will I have to get any modifications done? (e.g. fender rolling, camber bolts etc.?)

Maybe someone has pictures with 9.5x19" offset 40??

I want to get wide rims because I love the concave look! and 8.5's just doesn't cut it…
Or will I have to stick with 8.5 because of the stock suspension and no modifications?
Anyone have an example of a better fit for my car?

Sorry for long post and thanks for the help!

·
Registered
781 Posts
High Offset

Hi everyone!
I'm New here and a real noob when it comes to these types of stuff!
Been reading this entire thread. Was great to see all of your sweet cars! Keep posting!!

How come in some pictures people have 10.5 wide rims and they don't poke out, but some have 9.5 and they do?
The offset seems to be fairly the same.. I don't get it!

I want 9.5 19" offset 40 with 245/40 all around, using stock suspension. I know they will fit but here in Sweden they are not allowed to poke out, will they??
Will I encounter any other problems? Will I have to get any modifications done? (e.g. fender rolling, camber bolts etc.?)

Maybe someone has pictures with 9.5x19" offset 40??

I want to get wide rims because I love the concave look! and 8.5's just doesn't cut it…
Or will I have to stick with 8.5 because of the stock suspension and no modifications?
Anyone have an example of a better fit for my car?

Sorry for long post and thanks for the help!
Based on this post from a wagoneer in Norway, he has 10 x 20 w/ ET of 50, so a High Offset is the key!:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/3974114-post117.html

·
Registered
16' 6 GT, 05' Rx8 GT Turbocharged
66 Posts
Motiv 409MB wheels
custom powdercoat color
20x8.5 +40
heavy at a whopping 34lbs each without tires :/
wrapped in 245/35's

no rubbing, lowered on Corksport springs.
after another alignment ill be ordering and installing the appropriate size spacers for the rear

Thoughts?? Looking for input on the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Motiv 409MB wheels
custom powdercoat color
20x8.5 +40
heavy at a whopping 34lbs each without tires :/
wrapped in 245/35's

no rubbing, lowered on Corksport springs.
after another alignment ill be ordering and installing the appropriate size spacers for the rear

Thoughts?? Looking for input on the look.
Looks awesome!
also love the rear spoiler!

Powdercoat?? Is that like plasti dip?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Simmons FR-1's
Fronts - 20x8.5 +35 (225/30/20)
Rears - 20x9.5 +43 (245/30/20)

Awaiting for BC BR Racing Coilovers (3 Weeks wait), so will be dropped soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi folks. I purchased 19in 3rd gen factory wheels (and tires) from another user on here. Anyone know if I can just swap them with my current 17in factory wheels that came on my '16? Will I need to get them professionally installed because of TPMS and all that or is it as simple as changing in tire/wheel?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I want to put 245/45-19 Conti DWS 06 tires on my Stock 2014 GT Rims and Suspension. Is there enough clearance with no mods to the car to make them fit?
That should be fine. The handling may be a bit sloppy with the sidewalls bulging out, but fitment will work. I have 245/45-19 tires on some 19x8.5 et35 wheels right now with no issues on the factory springs. Had rubbing on Tanabes.

Hi folks. I purchased 19in 3rd gen factory wheels (and tires) from another user on here. Anyone know if I can just swap them with my current 17in factory wheels that came on my '16? Will I need to get them professionally installed because of TPMS and all that or is it as simple as changing in tire/wheel?

Thanks
Yep, just swap the wheels and reset the TPMS by holding the button down. There are no sensors in our wheels (thank god), the system just uses the ABS wheel speed sensors mounted on the hub.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, just swap the wheels and reset the TPMS by holding the button down. There are no sensors in our wheels (thank god), the system just uses the ABS wheel speed sensors mounted on the hub.
Yay! Thanks @donkeygrundle. Only thing now is that i have no idea how to change the tires on my car with the jack Mazda provided. I might have to go get one of those hydraulic ones you pump up with your feet.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Yay! Thanks @donkeygrundle. Only thing now is that i have no idea how to change the tires on my car with the jack Mazda provided. I might have to go get one of those hydraulic ones you pump up with your feet.
The scissor jacks that come with the car is a very easy tool to use. I suggest that changing a perfectly good tire/wheel out for another perfectly good tire/wheel is the ideal time to learn how to use the factory jack. That way, when you are in a situation where you may be changing a not perfectly good tire/wheel for an inadequate donut spare, you will not be learning how to jack the car up at the same time. BTW, donuts go on the back. Never a good reason to put the donut on the front wheels of a fwd car....

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I mean, you can get away with using the scissor jack to change one wheel at a time, but if you plan on doing any sort of auto work in the future, then you should go ahead and pick up a floor jack from Harbor Freight. Just don't ever get under the car without jack stands too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The scissor jacks that come with the car is a very easy tool to use. I suggest that changing a perfectly good tire/wheel out for another perfectly good tire/wheel is the ideal time to learn how to use the factory jack. That way, when you are in a situation where you may be changing a not perfectly good tire/wheel for an inadequate donut spare, you will not be learning how to jack the car up at the same time. BTW, donuts go on the back. Never a good reason to put the donut on the front wheels of a fwd car....
I would use the scissor jacks but I once stopped to help an old man on the road who didn't have anything to change his tire and I was pretty embarrassed because I had no idea how to use it. Instructions available somewhere? As a millennial, I completely suck at this kind of thing...

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I would use the scissor jacks but I once stopped to help an old man on the road who didn't have anything to change his tire and I was pretty embarrassed because I had no idea how to use it. Instructions available somewhere? As a millennial, I completely suck at this kind of thing...
Maybe you can use your beard as a jack instead?

I weep for our youth....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe you can use your beard as a jack instead?

I weep for our youth....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_KOt7OkSQ
Haha :lol: I said millennial, not hipster. Thanks. I got confused because usually you don't turn it up with your fingers. and I don't have the metal bar that's typically used to turn it up. Anyways, I'll figure it out.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Haha :lol: I said millennial, not hipster. Thanks. I got confused because usually you don't turn it up with your fingers. and I don't have the metal bar that's typically used to turn it up. Anyways, I'll figure it out.

Thanks!
There's a bar in the trunk with the jack that you use in that little eyelet. You kind of have to twist it a weird way to get it to work, but you'll figure it out. Definitely want to figure it out at home instead of on the side of the road in a blizzard.

621 - 640 of 755 Posts