Mazda 6 Forums banner
601 - 620 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah, 255 gives you the right overall diameter, keeps the wheels and tires from looking small, ESPECIALLY when you have an aero kit. Not to mention it is the perfect fit width for a 9" wheel.

I would buy two sets of the SPC ez cam bolts from the tire rack for $50 and crank them to the max for negative camber. Due to the location of the bolts vertically along the strut's axis, not only will it bring in the top of the wheel it will bring in the middle a bit too, so the whole front will come in helping with the poke.

Also something that makes or breaks flushness is simply having the same amount front and rear. So on the rear don't be afraid to add a 5mm spacer to the rear so it matches the fronts if you don't quite get there with the camber bolts.

The camber bolts and 5mm rear spacers will also improve the handling of the car noticeably.

Thanks for the photos by the way.

And the BC Racing coilovers come in two varieties, one with camber plates and one without. Make sure you get the right one.
I haven't got those SPC ez cam bolts and those spacers. Maybe that's may next project. Coilovers are BC Racing BR type. Thanks for the advice buddy. Here are some shots I took the other day. My camera-phone no good.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok i need some help here. Please post pics if you have any.

I have niche form 20x10 +40. I was recommended to run 245/35/20 tires. i knew it would be a stretch. but the shop mounted them and it looked like complete crap. Way too much of a space between the wheel lip and the tire. about 1 3/4 inch. They recommended (even after they first said this would fit) to run 275/35/20. I will be putting on coils at some point and figure i will have to roll the fenders. Does anyone run this set up? Or have any suggestions? I want the tires flush to the wheels. I do not care for the camber look or the wheel lip showing. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Finally got my tire and rim package from America's Tire. After 2 tries and a $300 credit, we finally got things dialed in and I got my install today after almost a month.

Well worth the wait!

Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 225/45R19
Rims: TSW Tremblant 19x8, black w/chrome lip
Total package (after rebates and credits) $1550.00

Normally this would be a $2170 package, so I'm very pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't get new wheels, but I did have my stock 19s powder coated. Just got them in today, they took a week to get done.

Got them done in Kingsport Grey with a Gloss Clear on top to add a little bit of that shine to it. Very happy with the way these came out!!

I'm running Tanabe springs, tbh I wish it was a slight bit lower (I think the H&R height is perfect on these cars) but I wanted to maintain the ride quality of stock. Also I recently moved to LA and I'm already having issues with scraping the underside of the front bumper which makes me think I would have really struggled on the H&Rs :(

I'm going to install spacers and black out all the chrome with gloss black vinyl (including the front grill) in a weeks time :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm running Tanabe springs, tbh I wish it was a slight bit lower (I think the H&R height is perfect on these cars) but I wanted to maintain the ride quality of stock. Also I recently moved to LA and I'm already having issues with scraping the underside of the front bumper which makes me think I would have really struggled on the H&Rs :(
I don't think some people realize just how lowly graded the driveways are in California. Even at stock ride height, some driveways can be a struggle due to the grade of the curb versus the grade of the driveway concrete. I eventually want to lower my ride, but no more than 1" due to the grades.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Got the tires broken in and decided to run a quick test on a local pass. What a difference versus the Dunlops! Definitely inspires more confidence. Ran the corners to the limit and not even a small squeak from the tires. I'm still running logs, but I think I might have even picked up 1-2MPG!

Makes you wonder why Mazda would still use the Dunlops at all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't think some people realize just how lowly graded the driveways are in California. Even at stock ride height, some driveways can be a struggle due to the grade of the curb versus the grade of the driveway concrete. I eventually want to lower my ride, but no more than 1" due to the grades.
I used to live in Orange County and it wasn't bad, that's when I had the tanabe springs installed. Yes some driveways still caused some problems but most were ok. HOWEVER, ever since I moved to LA that's been a whole different story. Almost every curb/driveway needs to be carefully manoeuvred otherwise it will scrape. I've even driven up an incline and as I was approaching it I scraped the bottom :(

I'm glad I didn't go H&R cause I almost did. For those of you out there driving everyday in a city with roads like LA on H&Rs (or corksports.... if you dare) I give you massive props!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Man. Everywhere I go, people keep asking me if my car is a Mercedes Benz just looking at the wheels that I've put on it. Last night, I was with the rotary crews and they did not realize my car was a 3rd gen Mazda 6. LOL

So i've been reading through this thread for the past day or two and yesterday i was just cruising around Houston and stopped by the West HCCS campus and happened upon your car (at which time i didn't realize you were in Houston) lol. It looks great in photos, and even better in person!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Still2Jelli

Saw you on Facebook and wondered why I hadn't seen anything from you. Welcome to the Forum! HOWEVER, you're holding out on us...I saw this picture also today:

Ooooh - :nerd:

OK...those ACE Alloys and LenzDesign Kit w/ the 4-eyed aftermarket lights got a brotha jelly! jk! Excellent combo!
It's bad enough that @Mang Pandoy hacked my mind a pilfered my aftermarket designs (with the color, grill, lights and kit...c'mon!), but you have sent me to the the deepest recesses of my mind in withdrawal, to configure a new paradigm, and to redesign my aftermarket configuration...thanks a lot! And to top it all off, I end up quoting my own post to have the picture I felt best expressed my contention (rofl). Well, BACK to the drawing board.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't got those SPC ez cam bolts and those spacers. Maybe that's may next project. Coilovers are BC Racing BR type. Thanks for the advice buddy. Here are some shots I took the other day. My camera-phone no good.
Where'd you get that grill? It looks super clean and has me wanting to get it for my car. Was it difficult to install?

EDIT:

After learning that the grille is in-fact an autoexe grille for the 6 I enthusiastically searched as much as I could to find it. So far have not been able to find it through a reputable source. Would you mind sharing a link of where you bought it from?

IMO that grille design looks so much cleaner than what comes OEM. It reminds me of the grilles Mercedes puts on their sport/performance trim cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's bad enough that @Mang Pandoy hacked my mind a pilfered my aftermarket designs (with the color, grill, lights and kit...c'mon!), but you have sent me to the the deepest recesses of my mind in withdrawal, to configure a new paradigm, and to redesign my aftermarket configuration...thanks a lot! And to top it all off, I end up quoting my own post to have the picture I felt best expressed my contention (rofl). Well, BACK to the drawing board.
Hey brotha Vincent what's going on? Do you have new stuff for our 3rd gen 6? I know you do and you gonna share it to us later on. Just kidding bro. What I'm saying is that if you did not post your ideas here on the forum, my 6 will not look like this. Actually a lot of people ask me if my 6 is the 2017 model. Which is for me is a compliment. The look of my 6 right now owes it to you bro. Now I'm waiting for new stuff for our 3rd gen 6 that you gonna post or share here. LOL. Anyway here's the current look of my 6. Thanks brotha!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where'd you get that grill? It looks super clean and has me wanting to get it for my car. Was it difficult to install?

EDIT:

After learning that the grille is in-fact an autoexe grille for the 6 I enthusiastically searched as much as I could to find it. So far have not been able to find it through a reputable source. Would you mind sharing a link of where you bought it from?

IMO that grille design looks so much cleaner than what comes OEM. It reminds me of the grilles Mercedes puts on their sport/performance trim cars.

Here is the link bro:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOP-...2387316198.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.61.OYFVDO

Installation for me is pain in the a**. A lot of cutting and a lot of re-installing, thank you 3M mounting tape. I think MV Tuning have a video on youtube that shows how to install a grill like this properly. BTW it's real carbon fiber but I think it's 3D CF.

·
Registered
172 Posts
!

Here is the link bro:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOP-...2387316198.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.61.OYFVDO

Installation for me is pain in the a**. A lot of cutting and a lot of re-installing, thank you 3M mounting tape. I think MV Tuning have a video on youtube that shows how to install a grill like this properly. BTW it's real carbon fiber but I think it's 3D CF.
I think I'm going to hold back for now since it seems like it'll end up costing quite a bit once install is taken into account.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to bookmark this for later :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi All.
Changed from stock 17 inch to aftermarket 19 inch.
Wheel Specs: HR Racing Alloy (Lexus ISF Replica) 19x8, Offset +45 , PCD 5x114.3 Machined Centrebore to 67.1mm (to fit the Mazda 6).
Tyres (Tires): 245/40R19 Federal Formoza FD2
Also added spoiler, tint, Philips Blue Vision Ultra Main Bulbs/Parkers
We liking it. Image Attached.

love the look!

601 - 620 of 744 Posts