Mazda 6 Forums banner
581 - 600 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where did you get those headlights? They are gorgeous...

Edit: This was to Mang Pandoy

Reactions: Mang Pandoy

·
Registered
781 Posts
Aha...he's here!

20x9 on 245/40 et35
Saw you on Facebook and wondered why I hadn't seen anything from you. Welcome to the Forum! HOWEVER, you're holding out on us...I saw this picture also today:

Ooooh - :nerd:

OK...those ACE Alloys and LenzDesign Kit w/ the 4-eyed aftermarket lights got a brotha jelly! jk! Excellent combo!

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Saw you on Facebook and wondered why I hadn't seen anything from you. Welcome to the Forum! HOWEVER, you're holding out on us...I saw this picture also today:

Ooooh - :nerd:

OK...those ACE Alloys and LenzDesign Kit w/ the 4-eyed aftermarket lights got a brotha jelly! jk! Excellent combo!
Whatzzupp Vince. Thanks brotha! Sorry about my laziness. LOL... I need to catch up with you guys. And I need to get a better camera phone. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's the widest width we can run on these cars? I have 2016 Mazda 6 and planned to run Bc coils but today talking with local shop he says I probably can't go over 20x9 on my wheels. I want a concave look so I need 10.5 width to get the look I want. He said with coils probably not but with lowering springs I probably can. Anyone got advice or different opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
What's the widest width we can run on these cars? I have 2016 Mazda 6 and planned to run Bc coils but today talking with local shop he says I probably can't go over 20x9 on my wheels. I want a concave look so I need 10.5 width to get the look I want. He said with coils probably not but with lowering springs I probably can. Anyone got advice or different opinions?
Check out threads/comments from @JITB and @Hoyta. I'm pretty sure they have both run 20x10.5 on coils.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
No spacer bro. I just went with a 20x9 wheel. Front too is flush. I'm hoping they won't rub the fenders when I put on the coils.
With 245/40r20 at et35 you'll get some rub in the front. @kylekap19 has the same setup and he had to roll the front fenders a bit and remove some of the liner. If the coils come with camber plates or you add them yourself, then you may be able to get by without rubbing.

I currently have 245/45r19's (same size) on et35 wheels and had a lot of rubbing in the front, but it actually hasn't rubbed since I changed out the shocks for Koni FSD's.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Whatzzupp Vince. Thanks brotha! Sorry about my laziness. LOL... I need to catch up with you guys. And I need to get a better camera phone. LOL
Awesome, finally somebody with Ace Alloy Convex in 20x9! Can you take a shot down the side so the flushness front and rear is more evident?

If your coilovers don't come with adjustable camber you can get SPC adjustable camber bolts. One set doesn't do very much for people. I still need to inquire with SPC if you can run two sets and stay safe at the joint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
With 245/40r20 at et35 you'll get some rub in the front. @kylekap19 has the same setup and he had to roll the front fenders a bit and remove some of the liner. If the coils come with camber plates or you add them yourself, then you may be able to get by without rubbing.

I currently have 245/45r19's (same size) on et35 wheels and had a lot of rubbing in the front, but it actually hasn't rubbed since I changed out the shocks for Koni FSD's.
Thanks for the advise bro. Tires are 245/40 r 20's. Are BC Racing coils come with camber plates? Do I need to roll the fenders if I only want an inch drop?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome, finally somebody with Ace Alloy Convex in 20x9! Can you take a shot down the side so the flushness front and rear is more evident?

If your coilovers don't come with adjustable camber you can get SPC adjustable camber bolts. One set doesn't do very much for people. I still need to inquire with SPC if you can run two sets and stay safe at the joint.
Thanks bro. Not satisfied with the tires, I should have gotten 245/35 r20.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks bro. Not satisfied with the tires, I should have gotten 245/35 r20.
Nah, 255 gives you the right overall diameter, keeps the wheels and tires from looking small, ESPECIALLY when you have an aero kit. Not to mention it is the perfect fit width for a 9" wheel.

I would buy two sets of the SPC ez cam bolts from the tire rack for $50 and crank them to the max for negative camber. Due to the location of the bolts vertically along the strut's axis, not only will it bring in the top of the wheel it will bring in the middle a bit too, so the whole front will come in helping with the poke.

Also something that makes or breaks flushness is simply having the same amount front and rear. So on the rear don't be afraid to add a 5mm spacer to the rear so it matches the fronts if you don't quite get there with the camber bolts.

The camber bolts and 5mm rear spacers will also improve the handling of the car noticeably.

Thanks for the photos by the way.

And the BC Racing coilovers come in two varieties, one with camber plates and one without. Make sure you get the right one.

581 - 600 of 755 Posts