Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi All.
Changed from stock 17 inch to aftermarket 19 inch.
Wheel Specs: HR Racing Alloy (Lexus ISF Replica) 19x8, Offset +45 , PCD 5x114.3 Machined Centrebore to 67.1mm (to fit the Mazda 6).
Tyres (Tires): 245/40R19 Federal Formoza FD2
Also added spoiler, tint, Philips Blue Vision Ultra Main Bulbs/Parkers
We liking it. Image Attached.

Sweet upgrade!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looking at this thread, it would suggest that the wheels on the G3n Mazda 6 are "ideal". Outside of the pics in the other posts, this one's been kinda dead. Time to lively things up a bit. BBS with some "ideas" of what wheels could look like on the 6, featuring wheel that will NOT fit (due to lug orientation and offset), to wheels that possibly can.

·
Registered
781 Posts
"Hawt Wheels"

Wheels can be SO expensive that I wondered what some would look like on the 6, especially since the 19" wheels are so "boss". So, here are some mock-ups I made of what the New 6 "could" look like in certain wheels (Based on size, I would say these would be 19" or 20" Wheels lowered; 8.5" - 9.0" widths w/ offsets around 35 mm - 40 mm):

Avant Garde m310 :cool:

Avant Garde m355 (N/A in 5x114.3):mad:

MRR HR10 :)

Niche Touring Concourse M886 ;)

Niche Sport Targa M131 :love:

Rohanna RC5 :mellow:

Vertini Fairlady :eek:

Vertini Magic :lol:

Weds Maverick 405S :D

Please tell me what you all think! Peace.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The M-R-S...

Issue for me is the mrs. I would have to sell the stock rims and tires to support this investment!
:D - Man, I believe the M-R-S, or what I call the Family CFO, was asking me "Why are you looking at Rims?". That statement alone has postponed my dreams of implementing these this year. So I just want to share, I empathize with you, my friend.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's one way to do it...

There's a simple way out: when autumn falls on the land, put your original rims on the forum (or Craig, or eBay, or all of the above) for sale - lots of new M6 owners will start looking for a second set of wheels for winter at that time! That's what I did on my local forum in Poland and I already have a buyer for the original Mazda wheels, which will actually be brand new when I collect the car in August (the car comes on 19", I negotiated with the dealer to swap them for brand new, in-the-box 17". Buying the car with no rims at all was unfortunately not an option :) )
Thanks for the insight. I already have mine, so your option is out!:lol:
Besides, the more I look at the car, the less I desire rims...right now. I will just wait it out until I see the RIGHT SET of Wheels + Tires for the right price.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Oh...the Possibilities

There aren't really that many pics of it because we only test fit one wheel, but again that's a Work Euroline DH, 19x9 +10 with a 225/35 tire, on the stock unrolled front fenders of a bagged 3rd gen 6.
SO...STOCK Fenders with 9" wide wheel @ +10mm OFFSET? Am I getting this right?

Did it even ride (I'd guess not), but it DID fit fine?

·
Registered
781 Posts
GT Style Wheel w/ a little more pizzazz!

Here is a LOVELY design similar to the GT OEM Wheel that I think would look SCHWEET...IF they were in America!

The RIZO Phoenix

Size offering: 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5

Oh, yeah...it comes in BLACK too!

Maybe some 3rd party wheel shop would offer these. Well, I guess we can "Dream On"!

·
Registered
781 Posts
HEXARI on AVAT AV1 Wheels and DURO SP8100 Tires

KURO HEXARI - PHASEIII: Wheels and Tires Upgrade

WHEELS: AVAT AV1 Machined Black - 20x8.5 w/ 45mm offset
TIRES: DURO DP8100 EVO Performance 255/35 R20
- Treadwear: 480 / Traction: AA / Temperature: A

·
Registered
781 Posts
Humble beginnings...

Got new wheels on the 6 this weekend. Went with Vossen CVT 20x10 +45 all around. Fits almost like what I had before with the 20x9 +35 up front and 20x10 +45 in the rear. Fits really well..

And to think, this started off as a humble "SPORT" Model. Great looking ride, @JITB. I have a couple of questions though:

1) How did you get rid of the previous set of wheels?
2) Any plans for Interior Upgrades?

"Peace and Chicken Grease" - :wink2:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Look Alikes...

I'm sure many of you seen this image on CarID.com:

And when I was looking for wheels, I thought I would love to get a set like those! However when U realized these were Vossen CV5 Matte Wheels at a going rate of around $650 a wheel, those dreams were dashed with the quickness!

Well, there are some really sweet look-a-likes I found on wheelfire.com called XIX Exotic X33 and they run UNDER $300 per wheel!

LINK: http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/W...DNumber=33_black_angle_3&SKU=25274&CheckFit=1

And this pic right here shows how close these doppelganger wheels look:

What are your thoughts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts