Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i already have my fire suite one ... so flame on guys

some one liek it and some will but its differentand one of a kind i believe..
non the less i would like you guys opinions?

the story begind this is a after market fiberglass sports bumper and when it was orginally painted it was finished like the rest of the car.. but the paint chiped and cracked liek fiber glass does and my painter wanted to try somethign new.. a 3m non chip paint that you apply bere you aply the paint. the result was a painted on bra in some sort so here it is... i still havent seen ti in person being as thoigh the car is philyl and im in jersey.... when i first saw the pic my first response was :laugh:

i dont know wether to be happy or cry[attachmentid=12898]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I think he screwd up and tried to make an excuse!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no he didnt i have pictures of the car painted the rigth way. like i said the paint started to crack. and we are experimenting with this...... to be honest the mor ei look at it the more i like it

·
Registered
110 Posts
looks like the rino liner I have on my truck, But I like the way it looks, If it stops debris from chipping your bumper great. I have had to sand and paint my bumper twice from debris chips.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well, it's definitely unique. But, I'm not sure...it just kinda looks out of place.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Personally, I think it's an interesting idea, but if you keep it like that it needs something to tie that into the rest of the car... Maybe the mirrors or something like that... just so it doesn't look like it was messed up...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I saw something VERY similar sprayed on the entire lower half of some guy's Wrangler yesterday. On THAT it looked good.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Can 3M get me a windshield that doesn't chip?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill try to get more pics this evening ... i have to ask my buddy to go take some being though the car is still in philly... i go pic it up friday!
i think i agree with some of you... but the more i look at teh pic the more i like it. its probably one of those things i have to see in person.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
^ You're kidding right?

I'd rather drive with no bumper than drive with my bumper looking like that. My bumper is fiberglass, and the paint hasn't cracked nor has it chipped excessively. All he needs is to apply flex agent so that when the bumper flexes a bit, the paint won't crack.

That looks horrible man!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I just saw the nose of a corvette done the same way. I think it will grow on you. Give it some time, you can always have it re-done.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
About this Discussion
101 Replies
46 Participants
PerfectXtreme
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing