Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a trip to the beach and noticed a couple nicks on my bumper from high velocity bugs and rocks (i wonder why :drive: ), so I was wondering if anyone has gotten the 3m bumper guard/invisible bra on their ms6? If so, what was the price and did it have to be done proffesionally? This could help me be a little rougher while cleaning the front of my car and getting all that bug crap off of my bumper :swearin: !

·
Registered
60 Posts
As soon as I get the pics off of my digital camera I will post some of my clear bra install. Had it done by a company in Cleveland called Block-A-Chip. Cost was about $725. Had the front bumper, hood, a-pillars, mirrors and the front door edges done. I will post some install pics probably tommorrow.....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They sell the 3m guards on ebay for about 200 bucks. I looked into it a bit, but my concern is that when/if you remove the guards - wont the paint job be a horrible two tone?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
If you get it from Rockblocker, they guarantee that their product lets the UV light through so that it will yellow/fade at the same speed as the rest of the paint. If you pull it off and the color is different, they fix it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The guy that installed mine is an experienced 3m trained installer. Has been doing this for the past 5 years and he said that the speed 6 is probably one of the top 5 most difficult installs he has done. He had problems getting the film down correctly on the front edge of the hood near the inner parts of the lights and a little more difficulty on the front bumper. Total install time was about 6 to 6 1/2 hours.... with experience and a heat gun to help contour the film. Not something I would want to tackle myself for sure....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
damn but $725...you could get a place to touch the paint up...a few times for that

·
Registered
490 Posts
There is an Exsisting MazdaSpeed6 Clear Gaurd out(Scotchgard invisible bra). And has been since Last year.
In Texas there are 38 Dealers authorized. And the ONLY way an warranty on this 3M Scotchgaurd product will be honored, is thru 1 of the pro dealer/installers.
Average cost should be $650 Installed unless 1 opts for the BIGGER coverage cut(which I would recommend).
Just a little info

·
Registered
114 Posts
I could see y the front of this car would be a bitch to do not just one hump in the hood but 3 .

·
Registered
595 Posts
There is an Exsisting MazdaSpeed6 Clear Gaurd out(Scotchgard invisible bra). And has been since Last year.
In Texas there are 38 Dealers authorized. And the ONLY way an warranty on this 3M Scotchgaurd product will be honored, is thru 1 of the pro dealer/installers.
Average cost should be $650 Installed unless 1 opts for the BIGGER coverage cut(which I would recommend).
Just a little info
[/b]
Exactly, only go to a certified installer. you can find one in your area by going to 3m.com and following the links. I had my 04 GTO done, and my 05 G35X - cost $500 installed for each, and will have the MS6 done the day it comes in. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The company is called Block-A-Chip.... www.blockachip.com They are located in Cleveland, OH. They will do mobile installs at your location in eastern Indiana, most of Ohio and some parts of western PA. They traveled to Youngstown to my detailers garage to do the install. Look closely and you can see where the hood protection ends about 2-3 inches above where the rag is you can see a faint line. From a few feet away hardly noticible.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
The company is called Block-A-Chip.... www.blockachip.com They are located in Cleveland, OH. They will do mobile installs at your location in eastern Indiana, most of Ohio and some parts of western PA. They traveled to Youngstown to my detailers garage to do the install. Look closely and you can see where the hood protection ends about 2-3 inches above where the rag is you can see a faint line. From a few feet away hardly noticible.
[/b]
You may find, from experience :huh: that another 6" higher cut would cover the air flow better.
And that KIT which is pre-cut is available.
Let us know, after this summers heat and sun, how your install is doing. We should get some good input of the feasability of this application then.
I have the Mazdaspeed bra, yet I am going to get the Invisible Bra also, as not all weather and travel makes it sensible to use the Fabric Bra.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the 3M clear bra on my MSP6 - I had installed at the dealer when I bougut my car - works like a charm - I paid $299.00 CDN

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
How does this stuff compare with ScotchCal, which I believe in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing