Mazda 6 Forums banner

3L Duratec now works on Mazda 6's (Minneapolis, MN)

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MonoxideChild 
#1 · (Edited)
We had a Mazda 6 come to us last week for a motor swap. He spun a rod bearing in his Mazda 6 (3L 5-speed) and was looking for a good price on a swap so we took it on. The Mazda was a dream work on compared to the Contour and Cougars we work on all the time. It's like someone actually put some thought into how things could be removed and designed parts to make it easier. Ever try to remove headers or an alternator on a Contour/Cougar... don't it's horrible but on the 6 it was a piece of cake. We are known for modifying 3L motors so they drop into Contours and Cougars.

If anyone has a blown 3L motor and needs a new one, wants mods installed, or just needs general repair on their 3L Mazda 6 let us know. We are in the process of updating our site and plan to add a section for the Mazda 6. We are located in Minneapolis, MN.

Thanks,
Chris
http://www.3LDuratec.com

#2 ·
So the 3.0L in the most current Escape and Fusion makes 240hp. Would that swap in the same way? Just curious

#3 · (Edited)
I had already been looking into a 2010 Fusion motor. I may pick one up shortly to tinker with. I had also been looking at picking up a cheap Mazda 6 as a project car. If anyone knows of a cheap 3L Mazda 6 with a blown motor let me know.

Does anyone know much about the variable cam timing in the Mazda 6? I was looking at the possibility of creating a VCT controller for the Cougar or Contour to allow them to use the VCT motors as well. It would be stand alone and take in various engine parameters and output the 0-12V pulse width modulation needed to control it. I'm trying to find the tables that are stored in the Mazda 6 ECU. I'd love to get the lookup table the computer uses based on RPM and load to determine the duty cycle for the square wave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.