Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea what to do.. want some performance upgrades but cant speak the lingo. Just want it done!

What would your order of improvements be?

·
Registered
979 Posts
BOV, Intake and gauges... Rims and tires.... Tint

·
Registered
477 Posts
No idea what to do.. want some performance upgrades but cant speak the lingo. Just want it done!

[/b]

What's your taste? Horsepower? Appearance? Handling? There's not much out for horsepower yet, just exhaust and cold air intake.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'd buy some good coilovers, intake, BOV, and maybe some of those ever so sexy AutoEXE parts...

But for 3K on performance, you could probably do a custom FMIC and larger turbo...

·
Registered
243 Posts

[/b]
CP-E Cold Air Intake $330 + HKS Blow Off Valve & Adaptor $280 + CP-E Catback exhaust $700 = $1,300 + about $100 - $200 installation if you cant do it yourself. Being conservative, you are at $1,500.

CP-E downpipe will be coming prob about $300 (no idea) and Front Mount Intercooler will prob be between $900 and $1300. Get those installed and you will be at $3,000. All you have left to do is get an engine management system (whatever happens to come out whenever it finally does) which could be from $500 to $1000 or more, but you would have a hell of a sleeper.

-Kyran

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wait. Just wait until the end of the summer, I'm almost positive you guys will have a lot more products available to choose from at that point. If you need something to tide you over, get wheels and sell your stockers to regain some of your money.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, nobody has posted "Buy Realestate" yet? I guess the boom really is over. Every other forum I'm on, when someone asks what to do with a few grand, someone always used to jump in with that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
go in and buy property that has been foreclosed due to back taxes. check your county tax office and all you have to pay is what is owed in back taxes. then turn and sell it for face value or a little less.

·
Registered
243 Posts
go in and buy property that has been foreclosed due to back taxes. check your county tax office and all you have to pay is what is owed in back taxes. then turn and sell it for face value or a little less.
[/b]
except for the fact that as soon as they pay their taxes you dont own the lien anymore, you have to hold the lien for 3 years before you can start the legal process of getting the actual property. in the extremely small chance that the lien you purchase does go all the way to tax deed litigation well you can make like $200,000 off of a measley $3,000 bucks. oh by the way they only sell the liens once a year at auctions, and you have to outbid the big investment companies that buy tons of liens as a business.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I had a local shop quote a custom FMIC on the Speed6 at only $750. Quality parts done by people who know what they're doing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All great and funny!!!
Replies:

* I tried the realestate thing, but the midgets freaked me out (as seen on TV)

* I think a custom mapping and turbo may be the way to go.... I am under the impression that the FMIC is something you dont want to muck with...

Anyone know a good shop in Philly that can perform this type of work?

·
Registered
364 Posts
* I think a custom mapping and turbo may be the way to go.... I am under the impression that the FMIC is something you dont want to muck with...
Anyone know a good shop in Philly that can perform this type of work?
[/b]

Good luck finding custom ecu mapping...no options yet. You could always be the first though, let us know how it goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
atc5
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing