Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Mazda friends?

Will you run into problems putting 350z rims on Mazda 6?

I know the 350z is RWD, but I've seen people put RX-8 rims on Mazda 6s. And also what type of polish is used on the 350z stock rims, that way I can just find a set of aftermarket rims in that particular style.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE (Daveman1820 @ Mar 8 2009, 01:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1530279

I know the 350z is RWD, but I've seen people put RX-8 rims on Mazda 6s.[/b]
I believe Nissan uses the same 5x114.3mm bolt pattern as Mazda, so no worries there.

This will mostly depend on the offset of the 350Z wheels. The RX-8 wheels have a 50mm offset, which is close enough to the 55mm or 60mm offset of the Mazda6 OEM wheels to work without problems in most cases.

Also, you should check the hub bore of the 350Z wheels. Smaller than 67.1mm can be bored out on a milling machine; larger can be adapted with some hub rings.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
QUOTE (Daveman1820 @ Mar 8 2009, 02:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1530279
What's up Mazda friends?

I know the 350z is RWD, but I've seen people put RX-8 rims on Mazda 6s. And also what type of polish is used on the 350z stock rims, that way I can just find a set of aftermarket rims in that particular style.[/b]
They will not fit. The 350z wheels while being a 5x114.3 bolt pattern are 30mm offset and also they are staggered. 17x7.5" in the front and 17x8" in the rear. For the 6 you need wheels with an offset between +60mm & +45mm without rolling your fenders. Any less than +45 and you will be rolling to fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
so whats the verdict? I plan on running the 350z touring wheels on my speed6. 18x8 and 18x8.5

will the fenders need to be rolled a ridiculous amount?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was wondering the same question was wondering if somebody was going to ask. saw a pic of a MS3 with some on, don't know if it was shopped or not

·
Registered
33 Posts
No it wasn't shopped. A few guys have done it now but nobody on a 6 yet. I did a little bit of thinking and the fronts might fit in decent without too much of a fender roll but the rears will need some work. I think I'm going to test fit the front two on one side and see what I have to work with from there. It may just take buying two new fronts and running an 8" width and a 30mm offset all the way around. I've pm'd a few guys already asking them what problems they ran into but none have replied. It would be great to have somebody with experience chime in and give their .02

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmmmm looks like we need a guinea pig. lemme know how it turns out bc it'll be cool if they fit. they look good on the MS3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Picked the wheels up yesterday. They look great on the car but one thing that completely slipped my mind is the whole awd situation. The tires are different sizes so my awd was freaking out when I took it for a drive. It would jerk from left to right and had a bunch of vibration. I pulled the emergency brake just to shut off the rear wheels and the car did just fine. The bore size worries me just a bit but I'll just take them to a machine shop next week some time to get a mm or two taken out of the center. I'll try and post up pictures in a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
8x18 inch rims in front and 8.5x18 inch rims in back. The fronts will be 225/40R18 and the rears will be 255/35R18.

I can't find a tire size calculator that will reference the contact patch on both. Apparently they have to be within .5% of each other.

·
Registered
33 Posts
currently 4x4 status but at least you get the idea. I need to get the proper tire size in the rear so the transmission and diff don't self destruct.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah they do stick out. And that's with no spacers either. I'm debating on just getting a pair of fronts to make the set 8" all the way around but I would like to make a valiant attempt at making this setup work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah they do stick out. And that's with no spacers either. I'm debating on just getting a pair of fronts to make the set 8" all the way around but I would like to make a valiant attempt at making this setup work.

Hello, did you ever get this configuration to work? I am looking at a set of 18" 350z wheels to go on my 6 wagon. I don't want to make any body modifications. I currently have Rx8 wheels on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, did you ever get this configuration to work? I am looking at a set of 18" 350z wheels to go on my 6 wagon. I don't want to make any body modifications. I currently have Rx8 wheels on it.
considering the last time fufanu180 logged in was 7 years ago good luck getting an answer to that ;)
I cant confirm as I havent tried but I dont see it fitting without rolling or editing some bodywork

1 - 20 of 21 Posts