Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had almost made my mind up on the MS6 or possibly the legacy GT. I was sure I wanted all wheel drive, but now I'm not sure if I really need it. The MS3 is starting to look appealing. I like the looks & AWD of the MS6 better, but from a roll and at passing speeds, the MS3 sounds like it will be pretty quick and the interior looks good. But I may look at the new VW R36, charger R/T, mustang GT, camaro, or the new grand prix coming out with 362hp. I have about a year to decide, but I will probly have to stay under 30k (25k would be better) and I live in NW ohio, so it can get snowy in the winter. I had a 95 mustang GT once, it sucked on snow and ice, only kept it 1 winter. I'm not sure if these new rwd cars with traction control are any better, plus you can have fun with the awd in the snow I heard...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Of the cars listed, I would lean towards the MS6 and Legacy.
I think you'll get more for your money with the Mazda.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i beleive i would go with the mazdaspeed6 as well. I would think the 6 to be much more civilized and less crude than the mazdaspeed3. not to say the 3 is crude, but when compared to the 6, you can tell it lacks some of the refinement as far as isolation and road noise. while the mazdaspeed3 may be faster, i feel the 6 would be a more enjoyable expirience as a whole. face it, not every road is a 0-60 sprinter or a curvy canyon runner.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you want raw straight line performance and don't mind buying American then the Mustang GT might be the best choice. And from what I've been reading on a couple forums, the handling on them ain't bad at all. Personally of those listed, I'd narrow it down to either the msp 3 or 6 mainly because I like the styling, interiors and they're fast enough. Of those two, I'd lean towards the msp3 simply because I think it looks better (debatable), is more practical (hatch) and should outperform the msp6(much lighter, no heavy awd)while being more generous on gas. However, since you live where there's snow, the AWD might come in handy-definately something to think about.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like the legacy a lot.
Speed 6 is not bad, and you can have one real cheap now
if it snows, iono how much you want to have a speed3 or mustang

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If the grand Prix you are refering to is the GXP then I would recomend against it...the trannys in those are terrible and it only comes in ATX...not fun. (Don't get me wrong I love grand prixs but that is a tranny overhaul waiting to happen, those trannys were originaly designed to handle 150 hp...now giving them over 350 stock with minor enhancments to the same transmission is nota good thing.)

I'm partial to the MS6 (obviously) but the LGT is a great car .

Charger :thumbdn: :thumbdn: ATX only and handling is poop

Camaro...not a bad car and you can get a buttload of hp out of it and can probably pick one up relatively cheap, but the snow will make you want to cry, my brother had a few older ones...almost impossible in slightly hilly areas in the snow.

Mustang...same deal as the Camaro but I don't like them so I would choose the camaro by default.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i know that new holden based grand AM has an option for a large V8... but face the facts dude... its a pontiac!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i know that new holden based grand AM has an option for a large V8... but face the facts dude... its a pontiac!
[/b]
The new holden based sedan will be the G8 the replacement for the Grand Prix
The G6 is the current Grand AM replacement.

oh and that G8 will wipe the floor with anything that mazda has ever come out with so learn the facts before you tell anyone to face them.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The new holden based sedan will be the G8 the replacement for the Grand Prix
The G6 is the current Grand AM replacement.

oh and that G8 will wipe the floor with anything that mazda has ever come out with so learn the facts before you tell anyone to face them.
[/b]
Thankyou.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mustang GT 500, ALL THE WAY~~~~

·
Registered
107 Posts
why not?
[/b]

Nothing real significant. There're probably pretty good cars but over half the people in the local high school own one. Even out of high school, I still see way too many of them. Call me ignorant for hating a car just because it's popular but I'm still gonna ralph every time I pass one. That's all.

·
Registered
382 Posts
the fact is tho... its still a pontiac... the only pontiac i would ever buy would be older than i am sooo.... but hey... your money! GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, thats the first pontiac that I have been interested in since I had my 73 grand prix. Its basically the gto with 4 doors and I think it looks better too. We'll have to wait and see if they price it reasonable. Its in the new edition of motortrend. That new solstice does'nt look bad either, too bad it does'nt come in a hard top.

·
Registered
863 Posts
just for your guys info, that isnt confirmed to be the G8. its just a possible. be it on the platform or not, it is looking fairly certain the new grand prix (G8) will be rear wheel drive with optional V8. It wil most likely be on the same platform as the new Impala which is also rumored to be V8 rear wheel. it has been said that if you like the camero concept, just wait for the next impala... intriguing

·
Registered
147 Posts
The gto is one ugly car the only thing is the high hp but is ugly.

And something deriving from an impala that's a huge vehicle I don't know what good that would be.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I had almost made my mind up on the MS6 or possibly the legacy GT. I was sure I wanted all wheel drive, but now I'm not sure if I really need it. The MS3 is starting to look appealing. I like the looks & AWD of the MS6 better, but from a roll and at passing speeds, the MS3 sounds like it will be pretty quick and the interior looks good. But I may look at the new VW R36, charger R/T, mustang GT, camaro, or the new grand prix coming out with 362hp. I have about a year to decide, but I will probly have to stay under 30k (25k would be better) and I live in NW ohio, so it can get snowy in the winter. I had a 95 mustang GT once, it sucked on snow and ice, only kept it 1 winter. I'm not sure if these new rwd cars with traction control are any better, plus you can have fun with the awd in the snow I heard...
[/b]
if you're looking at $25-30K (closer to $25K)...lets take a couple cars off your list. The R36, Charger R/T, & Holden based GP/G8 will all be easily over $30K.

If you have a year to decide, go test drive the others & see which one you like....by the way, the Holden based GP/G8 will not be available in a year (even 2 may be pushing it)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts