Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so 1 wheel out of the 4 is in perfect condition. i only messed the wheels up once, and you can easily tell where it was my fault cuz those wounds look fresh. 1 wheel has a flat tire on it from when i curbed the shit out of my car as detailed in a former thread :(

the tires, which are quite excellent, have only 800 miles on them. i currently own another UHP tire, the BFgoodrich G-Force Sport, and the SPTs are significantly better, imo. i sing their praises whenever i'm able to and can't wait to get another set of these tires.

in total, i paid $750-800 to get this stuff to me not including installation charges. im looking at $400 + shipping. i'd rather not ship these because the shipping prices for a 180lb package or 4 45lb packages will be steep. really depends on the interest level though, but if it comes down to it, the buyer is most certainly paying for the shipping while i'd pay for the shipping materials. and if thats the case, i'll go to a shop and have them take off the dead tire to reduce the shipping weight by 23lbs. i'll do my best to compromise here, so we both get a fair deal.

this is the wheel with the dead tire on it. you can see the curb rash i caused in the foreground, next to my fingers. the other two were from the msp owner. it was the front passenger wheel when i hit the curb

this was the back passenger wheel when i hit the curb

wheel #3. minor rash.

wheel #4. perfecto!

i would get these touched up, get a new tire on there, and then ship them out anywhere, but i'd rather the buyer take care of the repairs themselves. and yes, these ARE repairable! compared to curb rash i've seen on here and other cars, this ain't shit. btw, the wheels are 21.4lbs, 17x7, 50mm offset

im currently looking into either/both rx8 16x7.5 and 18x8s.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
These are 17x7 right?

Haha "I love goderators." I'm sure you do.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Just an FYI, i shipped a set of four wheels and tires from OH to TN for under $100 with FedEx. I just took big pieces of cardboard and covered both sides of the rims, leaving the tires exposed, and shipped them as 4 seperate packages. Worked out great, and it was acutally less than I thought it would be to ship them.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I didn't think so either. They didn't bat an eyelash at 'em, just weighed each one and spit out a price. Actually, that shipping (I think it was right around $90) also included another box with taillights and lugnuts in it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
they allow that? wow...lol, never would've thought to do it like that. thanks
[/b]
I shipped some wheels out cardboarding both sides, and FedEx actually damaged them. I found out, the delivery man, stepped all over on top of them to get to other boxes, and hence, 3 out of 4 center caps were broken when delivered.

I will always use a box from now on.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i told you business, the g-force sports were'nt anything to call home about.

if you liked those kumho ECSTA SPT's, wait untill you try the hankook rs2 z212's.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
UPS allows you to just tape up the rims and send as is.

Make sure they are completely covered in tape though, it should save you 25 bucks easy. ( i work for UPS in ohio, we allow people to do it all the time.) we actually had some guy sending something back to pracing or cvr motors in our store. He wasnt driving a 6 though....

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright, the issue im having with shipping these out is that due to the weight, they'd be considered freight which costs an unbelievable amount. the limit for ground/home delivery is 150lbs through fedex. unless someone is interested in paying $160 shipping for the whole package through UPS...

so i guess i should modify the F/S to the 4 MSP wheels and the 3 SPT tires if i can get the interest.

because i'll have to get these items seperated, i'll say $175 + 50 shipping for the wheels and $175 + 50 shipping for the tires too. remember, im just testing the water on this option, so if there's interest for both i'll go ahead and do it.

4 wheels: 1 perfect, 1 minor rash, 2 moderate (or so) rash
3 225/45/17 SPT: 3 tires, only 800miles on them

·
Registered
649 Posts
I promise you i have shipped more than 150lbs worth of packages in my life, they are bullshitting you and trying to get more money, find another UPS location.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i specifically asked about the total weight for 4 individual packages and they said 150lbs was the limit from one sender.
[/b]
wow, that's bullshit. just make two trips or goto another location?

i'm interested. but first, how much do the wheels themselves weigh?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts