Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My engine failed a little while ago and has a rod bearing problem and needs to be replaced. I am pretty sure this is Mazda's fault with the engine design since so many people here have the same problem. I have gone in 3 times for oil related engine problems before my warranty expired but I guess none of the fixes ended up helping. Anyway, I was quoted around 5k for an engine replacement but my car is only worth 6k on kbb in good condition. I want to keep my car as a daily driver and want to see what options are available. Can I swap the engine with one from an 03 taurus that has a 3.0 duratec v6? I have seen some threads here about that but I think they only replaced part of the engine. Has anybody done this (I have used the search but nothing)? Can something about this subject finally be added as a sticky since I think more engines are going to be failing as time goes on with the crappy design. I don't really care too much about have the same performance as before or anything. I just want an engine to get my car moving and I got a manual if that is going to be a limiting factor. Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts