Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car and driver - ford futura

The Futura Sprint is powered by a Mazda-derived narrow-angle Miller-cycle 3.0-liter V-6 — a lot to spit out every time you open the hood — which is curious not only for its boxer-like growl but also for producing more horsepower than torque from 2800 to 4250 rpm. Our uplevel Sprint, with the GT/A performance bolt-ons ($2250), delivered a bonus 25 horses funneled through a five-speed manual with Hurst linkage identical to that in the Dodge Ram SRT10.

so...do you think these changes that they made to this engine can be applied to our cars?

and is this not the most f'd up wagon you've ever seen? no back seats as an option? and how the hell do you get the tailgate down after it's 10 feet in the air (at least this is what it looks like)? suicide door on the drivers side, only one door on the passenger side!!! just strange...and look at the pricing options! or what they call a steering wheel?! OMFG what are they doing!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
It's a joke article, man.

Did you miss the part about the gnomes, or the chassis parts from Home Depot, or the old-ass Miller cycle engine that's actually a Yamaha motor from an old Taurus SHO in the picture, or the obviously joking interior, or he fact that there's suicide doors on one side and only one door on the other, or that the exhaust comes out where the fuel door should be, or that they compare it to a Bentley Continental GT in their comparison section, or the countless other things.

It's an April Fools' article a month too late.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
After reading the article in C&D, I can only come up with a few conclusions:

1. The "Miller Cycle" engine sure looks like the old Taurus SHO engine to me.
2. C&D found this thing at a car show and is pulling one over on us. It may even be a really good photo-shop job, but I am betting on the former. Is Ford playing a joke on us? Can they afford to do that at this point?
3. The perfomance numbers dont make any sense when looked at as a whole. The article itself points this out in the comments section.

This article, and obviously dressed up 6 wagon, has got to be bogus. I think that there are previous threads discussing this vehicle, maybe the answer is already out there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Price and option breakdown: base Ford Futura Sprint wagon (includes $545 freight), $17,375; GT/A package (includes performance exhaust system, high-flow air intake, Tornado air-management system, fuel magnet), $2250; Fulda Redcoat tires, $400[/b]
Fuel Magnet, Tornado air-management system, they browsed through ebay before posting up this "review". :laugh:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Remember how the V6 SHO was faster than the next gen V8 SHO. I thought that was the last joke that was going to be pulled on anybody with those engines. I bet that C&D is doing this right now. :nana:

Come to think of it, is there anything on that car that is worth talking about? First C&D slams the Speed6, then they publish this f'ed up 6 wagon. I think that they are sending a not very subtile message.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a joke article, man.

Did you miss the part about the gnomes, or the chassis parts from Home Depot, or the old-ass Miller cycle engine that's actually a Yamaha motor from an old Taurus SHO in the picture, or the obviously joking interior, or he fact that there's suicide doors on one side and only one door on the other, or that the exhaust comes out where the fuel door should be, or that they compare it to a Bentley Continental GT in their comparison section, or the countless other things.

It's an April Fools' article a month too late.
[/b]
wtf?! ok, i'm feeling like an idiot. there were a few things in the article that i was scratching my head at, but i geuss my opinion about ford management isn't very good, so i was thinking maybe someone there might just let an idea like this go through lol. well gotta go......hide (i'll try to slip out without anyone noticing)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Mary
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing