Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i own 09 6 with the 3.7L and I wanted to do a transmission fluid change on her. I was curious as if any of the 3.7L guys have done this and could possibly help me out. I want to do this but im 100% certain of everything and have a few questions on this matter. If anyone could help me out, or has some knowledge on this, and could provide with some guidance and help it'd be very helpful. Any information and advice on the whole steps of this "Do It Yourself" would be extreamly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd is from 2009-2013 i alot of people have the 4 cyl im looking for the v6, i posted every where i cant seem to get any answers anywhere

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Nope but @Mz6GreyGhost definitely did and it was an ATX if I remember properly.
Yes, it was. However, I wasn't ambitious enough to change the ATX fluid myself. I've always had the dealer do it for me.

·
Rally Racer
1,749 Posts
Hi guys i own 09 6 with the 3.7L and I wanted to do a transmission fluid change on her. I was curious as if any of the 3.7L guys have done this and could possibly help me out. I want to do this but im 100% certain of everything and have a few questions on this matter. If anyone could help me out, or has some knowledge on this, and could provide with some guidance and help it'd be very helpful. Any information and advice on the whole steps of this "Do It Yourself" would be extreamly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Howdy. I do not have this engine and am a little unsure which transmission it is equipped with. I am going to guess the Aisin 6-speed. I have the Jatco 5 speed and for that one it is a basic drain and refill. repeat that process for a total of three times and it replaces over 80% of the fluid. I have no serviceable filter so it is an inline one for me.
You may be able to browse the CX9 forums for help.
Maybe search videos for the AWTF-80 SC transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2009 Mazda6 S Grand Touring with automatic transmission. It is too expensive and cumbersome to drop the pan. My dealership wanted $200 to drop the pan and change it all. This is also not recommended by Mazda. When you take your car to Mazda and ask for a transmission fluid change, the only replace what comes out of the drain plug. Too much money for just that! The best way to handle it is to replace the amount of transmission fluid that comes out of the transmission drain plug when you do each engine oil change. Whatever amount comes out of the transmission drain plug just be sure to add the same amount back. Get a oil drain pan that allows you to measure the amount that you have removed or buy 2 clear plastic gallon (like the one you get windshiled washer fluid in) containers with quart measurements on the outside. If you can't find one ANY gallon clear container will do. Without markings already on the containers you would simply use an empty quart container, fill it with water and then transfer the amount into the clear plastic container and then with a black marker, mark the container as 1 quart. Then do it again and again adding additional markings to the clear container. You would then empty it out and there you go... a cheap way to keep track of how much transmission fluid you are removing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YOU WILL NEED SOME T IV TRANS FLUID. # 000077114E01. 4 QTS,, IF YOU ARE EMPTYING TORQUE CONV. I THINK IT'S LIKE 10 QTS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
RHCUDA426
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing