1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wow, what a load of horse puckey. :sarc:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice, nothin like some pretty garbage on ebay. $18 I think it said? Where do I send my money???!?
[/b]
wasn't there just an article in import tuner for 5-HP for under a buck? all they did was a do it yourself grounding kit.... tell me if i'm wrong (its the issue with that awesome orange NSX on the cover) :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
wasn't there just an article in import tuner for 5-HP for under a buck? all they did was a do it yourself grounding kit.... tell me if i'm wrong (its the issue with that awesome orange NSX on the cover) :)
[/b]
Grounding kits have made power in the past. The car I last saw in Import Tuner was an early 90s civic with a swap. That car definately benefited from a new ground kit, it would have benefited from new OEM grounds.
I have never seen enough of a difference to determine if it was the grounding kit or a variance in the dyno reading.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
209 Posts
my buddy got a grounding kit for his eclipse, and he said he noticed better throttle response and feel, but that is an a$$-meter dyno. ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
They forgot to mention... about the other 100+ different mods will make 5-8 HP with this grounding kit. :laugh:
I actually grounded the throttle body to the negative terminal on the battery and what it does is a smooth and quicker start up. I've notice this especially during cold temps. No HP gain.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have personally checked the grounding of my Mazdaspeed6 and there is no way to ground it better there is less then 2 ohms at all points. There will be no improvement to our cars with stock mods. In comparison my expedition had 15 ohms at three out of six test spots.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What is a perfomance ignition on a drag car? It is a big performance coil and additional "grounding" to help generate bigger hotter spark... right....? :)
not saying this will work for all cars.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Not sure about grounding kits, but a voltage stabilizer,somewhat similar did help on a friend's Spec-V.

He noticed, once removed, less power, but also, his windows went up/down slower than normal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts