Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire Rack has M3 in stock on this size. I'm seriously debating here. Hmmm. Anyone running this size?

**oh crap wrong forum**

·
Registered
364 Posts
i'm not running them, but think they are a good size for snow tires

·
Registered
315 Posts
i'd definitley also like to try 215/55-17. But the clearance Clarence.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the vector victor.

I figured the MS6 looks like a monster truck anyways it should be OK. UGH! I hate these decisions!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tire Rack has M3 in stock on this size. I'm seriously debating here. Hmmm. Anyone running this size?
**oh crap wrong forum**
[/b]
I'm running the M3s 215/50/17 for the winter; just put the bad boys on a few days ago! Purchased from
Tire Rack back in September along with their white-labeled (Sport Edition) alloys. So far they are what I expected; quiet/good ride & handling for a snow tire and not at all spongy. Weight came in 1/2 lb. less than the stock set up. No rubbing or clearance issues. :cool:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
but how do they look?

oh, and what was the full package price if you dont mine my asking?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I put in 215/50/17's Dunlop Graspic Ds-2's on Kazera U's 17x7 +50 mm just yeaterday. At the front, there is about 2 cms cleareance between the the upright and the rim top/tire seat area. Rear seems ok. Thanks to KeithMS for the suggestion for the rim.

215/55 may cause clearance issues. I am new to all this but from my setup I think 215/55 could cause clearence problems.
HTH

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have not done the math to compare, but I can attest that 225/50-17s (as in the Yokohama AVID V4S) is close. There is a protrusion in the rear wheel well, rear most liner that is within a 1/4 inch of the Yokos. Compare the OD of the these ( maybe 26.1 inches) to your 215/55-17 specific tire.

Yeah ... I like the SUV look. I'll post pictures once I set up an account on the cardomain??.com.

·
Registered
21 Posts
but how do they look?

oh, and what was the full package price if you dont mine my asking?
[/b]
I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I recall it was less than a grand with shipping along with a rebate direct from Dunlap. As far as looks; very aggressive tread in comparison to the stock tires and the wheels are somewhat less dramatic than the spoke stockers.....it's winter and the white stuff will be on the ground very soon so; buy some winter shoes for your ride!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I recall it was less than a grand with shipping along with a rebate direct from Dunlap. As far as looks; very aggressive tread in comparison to the stock tires and the wheels are somewhat less dramatic than the spoke stockers.....it's winter and the white stuff will be on the ground very soon so; buy some winter shoes for your ride!
[/b]
thanks for the reply! as for winter shoes, i bought mine in October :nana: but why i asked is because i had a hard time deciding between 17 and 18 inch. i ended up with 18, call me vain! lol. i spend a lot of time in DC where the roads are usually dry so i figured i would go for a slightly less effective winter set up and keep a little nicer look imho

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 215/50R17 Dunlop Graspic-2 snows on 17" steel rims on my MS6. I ran them all last winter through all sorts of snow, slush, and ice and had no problems. The only thing I didn't like was the ride of the Graspic-2 on dry pavement compared to the Toyo Observe G2 I had on my MSP.

I have 205/55R16 with Firestone Winterforce M+S on 16" steel rims on my MS3. I just picked up this setup for the wife this week. No snow yet, so I can't comment on winter performance yet, but the initial ride again pales in comparison to the Toyo Observe G2, but at least is better than the Graspic-2. They are also a higher speed rating. I imagine that if you were looking to save some cash, you could put this same setup on the MS6 since the calipers and rotors are the same between cars. The clearance is close, but there is room there and I have not had any problems on the wife's car.

R

1 - 13 of 13 Posts