Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
:huh: I'm pretty sure i wrote, 3-series bimmers and C-class benz. Review the numbers. The math doesn't lie. I think calling them stupid might be a bit much. If they don't load up the vehicle they are not exceeding the capabilities of the tire.
[/b]
Ok, my mistake on the C vs. S. I read it too quickly. My point still stands, though. And I sure as hell wouldn't put 20's on a C-class or 3-series. Just as stupid as putting them on a 6. And if you read my reply in the Choosing the Right Size Tire thread, you'll see where I prove it is stupid and you are exceeding the capabilities of the tire. I'm out. :blink:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Um...am I posting in the right place? Can I get a set of 22 inch wheels or 24 inch whels with the proper load rating for my 6? If so will they need to be filled with any air at all since the profile will be so low?

Also would it be a good idea to use them in the winter? or should I just shoot myself because I am too stupid to function as a human?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Um...am I posting in the right place? Can I get a set of 22 inch wheels or 24 inch whels with the proper load rating for my 6? If so will they need to be filled with any air at all since the profile will be so low?

Also would it be a good idea to use them in the winter? or should I just shoot myself because I am too stupid to function as a human? [/b]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't belive I read this entire thread and that made me laugh the hardest.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I got 20's on my car and I had no mods to make em fit,I even lowered the car
...If you are gonna run 20's you need a 20x7.5 rim though.
[/b]
Even though they fit why would you put those hideous rims with those rubber bands on the 6? I'm serious, why?

·
Administrator
8,395 Posts
Even though they fit why would you put those hideous rims with those rubber bands on the 6? I'm serious, why?
[/b]
Not to mention that you're taking a BIG risk by using tires with a lower load rating than what's recommended. The minimum load rating is 91, and theres NO 20" that I know of that meets this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got 20's on my car and I had no mods to make em fit,I even lowered the car
...If you are gonna run 20's you need a 20x7.5 rim though.
[/b]

:wtf:

Please tell me thats a photochop

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
4 cyl. too. He did worse than me getting those 35 lb. Chromies. :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
4 cyl. too. He did worse than me getting those 35 lb. Chromies. :(
[/b]
Atleast you put suitable tires on yours and it looks good. You can always have an alternate set of lightweight wide 16's when your feeling speed inclined.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Friend of mine on my team has 20's on his 6...doesn't look THAT bad, just not my style. He also turbo'd his car as well :)
[/b]
good, because that's what it would take to move those wheels...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
good, because that's what it would take to move those wheels...
[/b]
:laugh: Its funny....... cause its true.

Kinda counter-productive. Im going to put a turbo on my car to make it go faster, (which BTW I am very curious if he has a V6 or i4, who made the turbo, and how he is tuning it) and then put heavy ass wheels on my car to make it go slower and tires which probably do not carry the proper load rating for the 6. I guess he is going for show only and not performance at all.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Friend of mine on my team has 20's on his 6...doesn't look THAT bad, just not my style. He also turbo'd his car as well :)

[/b]
It could be worse...

But man... You should have atleast photochopped that NEON out of that picture!

The hideousness of it is killing the 6's!!! :slap:

Didn't your mother tell to watch who you spend time w/? :nono:

Ok Problem fixed!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The work is being done by Hudson County Customs. It's a i4, ATX. He actually received the car back and but it had to go back...(had something to do with a faulty valve? Mazda had a recall on this for 2003-04s he told me).

Right now he's currently building up the transmission of his car. The bill for the custom turbo + rebuild of the engine and street racing transmission is somewhere in the ballpark of $9,000. I don't have all the details of his setup or how he is tuning it, but I'll ask him once he gets the car back.

141 - 160 of 305 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
304 Replies
123 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing