Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Yup! I run 20s for the summer. Just gonna have to put some smaller tires on it. Personally, I think my setup is about as flush as it can get and I've done no modifications; just put the rims on.

Check out everything including my specs and photos on my build page here: https://www.mazda6club.com/threads/byakuyas-2014-grand-touring-shiro-shinobi.259456/#post-3498220

If you're still unsure, head here: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ - The OEM size is:

PCD: 5x114.3
Offset: 50>
Bore: 67.1
Fittings: M12x1.5 nut Length:
Recommended for 17s 225/55R17 (standard factory tire)
Recommended for 19s 225/45R19

Factory wheels are:
17x7.5 , Offset +50
19x7.5, Offset +45 (info from Gajdzin)

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Unless the roads where you live are like glass I wouldn't.
Why's that? Sure, there's an increased risk of damaging your rims because of less rubber to protect them, and you're being slightly harder on your suspension but, at the end of the day, it's not that much of a difference from being on the stock 19s. Heck, I even have pretty "soft" rims and they've been great. I bent one once when hitting an enormous pothole (big enough that 2 other cars had just blown tires on it) but it was still repairable.

I'd like to think that New England has some of the worst roads around that vary from giant potholes to just dirt roads with huge frost heaves in them, and I've always been fine save that one example above.

484 Posts
Why's that? Sure, there's an increased risk of damaging your rims because of less rubber to protect them, and you're being slightly harder on your suspension but, at the end of the day, it's not that much of a difference from being on the stock 19s. Heck, I even have pretty "soft" rims and they've been great. I bent one once when hitting an enormous pothole (big enough that 2 other cars had just blown tires on it) but it was still repairable.

I'd like to think that New England has some of the worst roads around that vary from giant potholes to just dirt roads with huge frost heaves in them, and I've always been fine save that one example above.
I have 225/55/17 on my car, and I wouldnt want to go thinner sidewall. At all lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts