Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I have the CP-E intake system with the maf module, and can definatly tell a difference, and its not the plucebo effect either!

Hey everyone, been reading about people installing CAI's and they say there is at most a 20HP gain but i was wondering, can you feel the 20HP gain? Thanks.
[/b]

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
though 20hp if very noticable for most, many would say 2hp is noticable, or removing 20lbs is noticable. it depends on where the power is in the power band that gets the most gut feeling.

good rule of thumb, if you like the way if feels, who cares if it's 10 or 20hp? are we racing for pinks here or somethin?

·
Registered
375 Posts
there are only a handfull of cars that would gain anywhere near 20hp with a cai... the mazda isnt one of them

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
CP-E - 12 - 14hp

AEM - 10hp

Injen - 9hp

KnN - 7hp

Search dammit.....(daBears)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
there are only a handfull of cars that would gain anywhere near 20hp with a cai... the mazda isnt one of them
[/b]
Freakta, the 3.0L v6 will see those gains with CPE. On average it will be around a 15 horsepower gain over stock. But on some areas of the powerband it will see a 20 horsepower gain.

CP-E - 12 - 14hp

AEM - 10hp

Injen - 9hp

KnN - 7hp

Search dammit.....(daBears)
[/b]
I thought Injen made more power than AEM/Mazdaspeed?

·
Registered
901 Posts
[/b]
Research before you go spouting off like that...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Great post CaTiRo - I was quite skeptical about the gains from CP-E until seeing that chart.

The only way to "feel" the gains is with a stopwatch, IMO. 20HP won't help unless you're a good enough driver to take advantage of it (launch consistently, limit wheel spin, miss shifts, etc etc...).

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
injen makes around 15-17 from what i've been told and read on here.

·
Registered
901 Posts
is that with injen only or with the cpe fix?
[/b]
With the cp-e fix.

And a normal person will notice a 20hp gain. The gain is all the way across the powerband and you can definantly feel the extra power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
very true, I installed my CP-E MAFci system a while back and noticed enough added power that the throttle response was a little too much for me and I couldn't get consistent sensitivity on the pedal. After a couple of outings I got the hang of it... but yeah, you can definitely feel the difference! :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
is that with injen only or with the cpe fix?
[/b]
or unichip. hell any intake will make that much power with unichip or at least should. they're all almost the same design with slight variances in width. injen being 2.75" and Cp-e being the biggest at 3". not sure what others are but mine is a 2.75" as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Research before you go spouting off like that...
[/b]
i was under the assumption that he was talking about the 4cyl
wich i know doesnt make 14 - 20hp with a cai

i assumed somehting i know you shouldnt do that
i apologize

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So... basically CP-e produces best HP gains but its double the price and then AEM then Injen? I might just go with an AEM cause seems like i can get them anywhere and the price isn't too bad and you can choose the color :). Does anyone know if the AEM comes with a decal (just curious)? If Injen is better then i will probably go with an injen, what do you guys think? And i'm putting it in a 6i, thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya i know, but that doesn't really mean anything to me right now because i just started driving and just started reading about cars, maybe in a year or two i'll realize its a good thing to have but right now for a poor kid, an AEM or Injen intake sounds pretty good for me :). And i do realize that what you pay for is what you get. I've also been reading about the mazdaspeed CAI? any opinions about that? seems like a popular choice for 6i drivers.

edit: actualy i'll read up about the MAFci thing later tonight and think about it, maybe i might end up saving the extra money to get the CPe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts