Mazda 6 Forums banner

2021 Mazda6 Turbo Carbon Edition Fuel Efficiency

1499 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Les2021LH
I have the 2021 Mazda6 Turbo Carbon Edition. Has anyone used anything other than hi-test fuel and if so, did you notice a difference in performance or fuel efficiency? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
Octane doesnt equal MPG in any stretch of the imagination. On the turbo, your manual should tell you the difference between 87 and 93.
You dont get better mpg, youll lose about 20hp, any mpg you gain is from driving less in the boost.
I was actually thinking the same thing as well. I have such an uncanny thirst for knowledge. I am still at 1/2 a tank of premium so I'll let it get abut a 1/4 of a tank, use low grade and see if there is much of a difference. i will definitely get back to the group this one. :)
Oh, theres a difference in power. I had a turbo for a month as a loaner. Ironically, after reading something @WoodinvilleDan said in his super charger thread, i switched to 93 in my 3 and after 3 tanks there is a BIG difference in how it drives. The ECU in these cars is a much better learner than in the past and the 2.5l is an effing amazing motor.
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.