Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think 2020 for my 6 will be more focused on aesthetics because I'm running out of performance modifications (which is good for my wallet).

Future Performance Mods:
-JBR Front Sway Bar (most likely will be done in 2020)
-OV Tune (not sure when I'll get this, but hopefully by the time I make up my mind they still support the 3rd generation Mazda 6)
-Rear Camber Arms (I have them, but I've been contemplating selling them since I don't feel like installing them and they're not necessary for my current setup)
-Stainless Steel Brake Lines (I might as well do this as I find myself underneath the wheel well once a week)

Future Aesthetic Mods:
-Black Vinyl Wrap of Chrome (personal preference, but I'd like to have all the chrome blacked out)
-Headlights + Taillights (definitely very few options, but I have to say most 6's look better with these)
-Aftermarket or Custom Grill (been playing around with swapping the OEM grill because I've seen some 3rd gens with cool grills)
-Foglights (still going back and forth between whether the front end looks more aggressive with or without fog lights)
-Aftermarket infotainment system (lowest priority, but it would be nice)

Let me know your guys' thoughts and your future plans for your 6! In 2020 I also plan on creating more Youtube content for the Mazda 6 :) be sure to stay tuned!

·
Registered
644 Posts
2020 is the year of interior for my 1st gen. On the list is new headliner, black out the interior, new amp rack, and new ported sub enclosure. To get the headliner out of the car, I need to take the current box and amp rack out anyway so might as well upgrade those while at it. I will also be getting parts here and there for something that I have planned for 2021. I'm hoping that mid 2021 I can put the 6 down for a few months while she gets a massive revamp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 6 is due for a deep detailing.
Clay bar, touch up stone chips, clean the engine and engine bay, and I’m thinking about painting the plastic trim pieces on the body, the southern sun is taking its toll on them.
Other than that just keep up with maintenance and replace the shocks and struts.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
629 Posts
Give it lots of oil to drink.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Annual detailing. Will eventually add some accessories I never got around to buying, such as switching out the stock door sill plates for the metal ones.

Other than that no mods. I like cars, but living in an apartment I have no space to do any major work so part of the reason why I went with a higher trim level is so I don't have to do anything to it. I think the only "mod" I have is that I replaced interior lighting to LED.

I have thought about my next tires though. Debating on either sticking with the OEM tire or going for wider 235s(And the potential issues of a sightly larger tire because of the side wall ratios from the OEM 225s) for more grip; and while I'd be willing to pay the Michelin price for more performance I don't want to sacrifice tire noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts