Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Mazda6 touring 2 weeks ago. I noticed that there was very low pitched humming sound coming from the speaker every time I drive my car. It lasts about 1 or 2 seconds and it’s kinda driving me nuts. I asked my friend and he says it is pretty common in Bose sound system. I was wondering if any of you had this issue.
I also asked the dealer and he told me it was my lane change assist warning. But I really doubt it, because I tried getting my car close to a line on the road on purpose and it didn’t make that sound.

Since I just got this car for less than 2 weeks, is there any chance I can exchange this car? I had no idea what I should do right now. Any suggestions is welcomed. Thank you all very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here is the recording of this sound. They occurred at 00:11, 02:19, 02:55 and 03:14. Please listen to this recording if you are interested

·
Registered
332 Posts
What are your Lane Keep Assist settings set to for notification when you're wondering out of your lane?

That sound in your post reminds me of the lane keep assist "rumble" setting, that makes a noise through the speakers when you're heading out of your lane, you may want to check that setting in the Mazda Connect to be sure it's in the mode you wish (I have mine set to vibrate the wheel).
My car was delivered with the rumble sound option selected and I changed it right away because I also thought something was wrong with the stereo when it did this noise!

I would check the LDWS (lane keep system) warning settings.

Here is the recording of this sound. They occurred at 00:11, 02:19, 02:55 and 03:14. Please listen to this recording if you are interested

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are your Lane Keep Assist settings set to for notification when you're wondering out of your lane?

That sound in your post reminds me of the lane keep assist "rumble" setting, that makes a noise through the speakers when you're heading out of your lane, you may want to check that setting in the Mazda Connect to be sure it's in the mode you wish (I have mine set to vibrate the wheel).
My car was delivered with the rumble sound option selected and I changed it right away because I also thought something was wrong with the stereo when it did this noise!

I would check the LDWS (lane keep system) warning settings.
Thank you very much. I checked my Lane Departure Warning System. It turns out the sound was the rumbling warning. I’ve set it to beep sound.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thank you very much. I checked my Lane Departure Warning System. It turns out the sound was the rumbling warning. I’ve set it to beep sound.
Awesome!
Glad I could you help you out. Hope you enjoy your new Mazda 6!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts