Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Newbie here. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2020 6 GT from a dealer that has it as a loaner car. Title says “commercial vehicle”
Its Deep Crystal Blue and only has 3000 miles
I can buy this for 25k. Is that a good price and are loaner cars good to purchase? Any opinions are welcome! Thanks

·
Rally Racer
2,950 Posts
Well, here in Portland, OR the 2020 GT's are listing for $27,300. The GTR is $29,700 and the Touring is listing at $24,400.
We tend to have a pretty pricey market so your results may vary.
If it were up to me, and I were to pay new price, I would not want a "don't worry it's a loaner" vehicle. I always buy used however and just 3 years old usually saves me 30-40%.🤷‍♀️
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me rephrase. Its a car that service dept used to offer customers a car while theirs was being worked on. Thanks for reply

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here is my post, I ended up keeping my 2016 Touring, runs good, looks great, interior/exterior/wheels all in great condition. Steering wheel shows a lot of wear.

This purchase would have been a little impulsive, but we got very close. Was a "manager car" of someone at that dealer, I met and talked to him.

Walked away from a 2019 Grand Touring for $24,500.00

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Let me rephrase. Its a car that service dept used to offer customers a car while theirs was being worked on. Thanks for reply
Yea, we know what that means, but you dont know how the customers treated the car is his point. I had a 2017 GT turbo as a loaner and knew how to take care of it even though i gave it the lead foot at times, but i cant possibly speak for anyone else who drove it. I had it for a month and it was great though, although it lacked a manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. My thoughts were how bad could it be with 2900 miles

·
Super Moderator
17,560 Posts
Thanks. My thoughts were how bad could it be with 2900 miles
Unfortunately, that's a total crapshoot. Most people are going to treat the car perfectly fine since they don't want to screw up a car they don't own, but there's inevitably always someone who will do the complete opposite. That being said, these engines/transmissions are pretty dang reliable so I wouldn't be too worried about it if everything else fits your bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts