Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Our 2019 Mazda 6 has a weird issue - the driver's side seat ventilation turns on automatically after the ignition is switched off. When the ignition is turned on, the seat ventilation automatically turns off. This lasts for a few hours and we're worried that it'll drain the battery. Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Unfortunately the control logic for the heated and ventilated seats have been changed in the newer models, this is the description off the mazda service website.

Some customers may complain that their seat warmers or seat ventilation do not turn on when the engine is restarted after being left on when turning off the engine. The logic has changed from previous Mazdas where the seat warmers and seat ventilation automatically turned on when the engine was restarted.

NOTE: Customers in cold weather are more likely to complain about this if their vehicle is equipped with Mazda Mobile Start (MMS) (not available on Mazda3 or CX-30) because the MMS accessory instructions state the seat warmers WILL turn on when the engine is restarted. The same can happen in the hotter weather with the seat ventilation. This information is incorrect for these vehicles. Both features will now require a manual setting every time the vehicles are restarted after being turned off. Refer to the vehicle owner’s manual for more details on proper seat warmer/seat ventilation operation.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi! Our 2019 Mazda 6 has a weird issue - the driver's side seat ventilation turns on automatically after the ignition is switched off. When the ignition is turned on, the seat ventilation automatically turns off. This lasts for a few hours and we're worried that it'll drain the battery. Anyone else experience this problem?
I'd visit the dealer to have inspected if you can easily reproduce. This doesn't sound right as explained. When car is off the seats should not be turning on, certainly not autonomously.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Trollz3457 We’ll bring this up when we bring it to the dealer

@dadscar Yes, the problem is easy to reproduce and we already took a video if it

Bringing it to the dealer is our last option because of the current pandemic.

We noticed the problem a few weeks ago after jumpstarting the car (battery died). Can a dead battery cause the electronics to malfunction after jumpstarting?

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Depending on what caused the dead battery yes, and any time you’re applying a change of voltage to a system there is a chance of a malfunction within these CAN systems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dead battery was caused by the car not being driven/turned on enough during quarantine (it was only driven for about 20 minutes per week for 3 months)

We thought we had to buy a new battery because it the charge only lasts for about 1 day after jumpstarting. We brought the car to the dealer and they just recharged the battery and it is fine now.

Sorry that this wasn’t mentioned earlier. Was this the cause of the malfunction?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even if the jumpstart didn’t cause the malfunction it sounds like Mazda has a fix for it. My understanding is that the car used to be programmed so it would remember your settings, heated seat on level 2 when you shut the car off, that when you turned it back on the heated seat would be back on at level 2. With the new update it sounds like you’ll have to physically turn the heated or ventilated seat back on every time you start the car. No big deal in my opinion. Maybe you should call the dealer before scheduling a visit, talk to the service manager and see if they can provide some info on an update or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We rarely use the seat ventilation so it wasn’t on before turning the engine off. The seat ventilation turns itself on after the engine is switched off. Seat ventilation is running while the car is parked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same problem. It works fine after turning on the car and then turns back on after turning off the ignition. Looking for the possible answer to this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the exact same problem. It works fine after turning on the car and then turns back on after turning off the ignition. Looking for the possible answer to this.
Hi. The dealer told us to turn off the compressor, fan, AND recirculation before turning off the engine. This solved the issue for us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. The dealer told us to turn off the compressor, fan, AND recirculation before turning off the engine. This solved the issue for us.
Hi, I have tried turning them off but to no avail. Gonna try it again to see if I made a mistake. Sorry for sounding dumb but the compressor button is the A/C one right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, I have tried turning them off but to no avail. Gonna try it again to see if I made a mistake. Sorry for sounding dumb but the compressor button is the A/C one right?
Yes, the A/C button. Turn off the seat ventilation too before turning the engine off. If it helps, we took the car to Mazda Quezon Ave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the A/C button. Turn off the seat ventilation too before turning the engine off. If it helps, we took the car to Mazda Quezon Ave
Thank you. I'm gonna try this again, hope I get it this time. Last resort would be to go to a Mazda dealer.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yes, I have the diesel one.

No, I'm actually not aware that we have a local forum. Do you mind linking it here? I would really appreciate it.
tsikot.com

I was active there for a year. I won't comment why "I got tired" over there.

And for you to manage your expectations, owners of Mazda 6 aren't active. However, travajante is the guy for all things Mazda. He should be able to help you and recommend what you should do.

For specific concerns about our car model, this forum is the best. People are helpful, generally speaking.

If I may be off topic, that picture was taken in Tarlac Circuit Hill and that was my second time when I participated in a race.

Since the "beginner's luck" is no longer in effect, I lost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tsikot.com

I was active there for a year. I won't comment why "I got tired" over there.

And for you to manage your expectations, owners of Mazda 6 aren't active. However, travajante is the guy for all things Mazda. He should be able to help you and recommend what you should do.

For specific concerns about our car model, this forum is the best. People are helpful, generally speaking.

If I may be off topic, that picture was taken in Tarlac Circuit Hill and that was my second time when I participated in a race.

Since the "beginner's luck" is no longer in effect, I lost.
Thanks man, I'll check that forum.

Shot looks superb, makes me want to do laps in a proper race course for a change.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts