Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a scoop from Mazda Canada, re the 2019 CX5:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiRmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmF1dG9ibG9nLmNvbS8yMDE4LzA5LzIxLzIwMTktbWF6ZGEtY3gtNS10dXJiby1nLXZlY3RvcmluZy_SAZMBaHR0cHM6Ly93d3ctYXV0b2Jsb2ctY29tLmNkbi5hbXBwcm9qZWN0Lm9yZy92L3Mvd3d3LmF1dG9ibG9nLmNvbS9hbXAvMjAxOC8wOS8yMS8yMDE5LW1hemRhLWN4LTUtdHVyYm8tZy12ZWN0b3JpbmcvP2FtcF9qc192PTAuMSN3ZWJ2aWV3PTEmY2FwPXN3aXBl?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA:en

The trim levels in Canada were GX (Sport); GS (Touring); GT - (GT) - though the Canadian versus Stateside content is not exactly the same. They apparently are creating a Signature version, now, for the CX5. Also, G-Vectoring is being revised to G-Vectoring Plus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow i think with awd the mazda cx5 Will be faster than the 2018 mazda 6 turbo by 0.5seconds .We Will see

·
Registered
255 Posts
My dealer was saying this as well...he had some secret pamphlet he couldn't show me but I guessed most of the secrets (turbo and signature trim).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Will it come in MT? LOL, jk. That would be sick though.

·
Banned
703 Posts
Wow i think with awd the mazda cx5 Will be faster than the 2018 mazda 6 turbo by 0.5seconds .We Will see
No, it won't be. I predict the 6 will be faster but it should be close.

The CX-5 is cool for what it is and I'm glad Mazda is selling a fair volume of them, But I would never choose one over an Atenza wagon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah, was trying to get the wife to hold off till November when 2019's rolls into dealer lots but she settled on 2018 Cx5 GT, Hopefully the Next Mazda I get will be a coupe with a turbo lol. (wishing on a star.)

·
Registered
725 Posts
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-suvs/leaked-document-2019-mazda-cx-5-getting-turbo-engine/ar-AAAsn3x?li=BBnb4R5

Seems like maybe and accidental - on purpose leak? lol

Lot of upgrades coming to the CX5 for '19. You can tell they're paying attention to their #1 selling auto and making it much more competitive/desirable.

Can't remember if I read it hear or somewhere else in the last couple of days, Mazda sells more CX5's than the rest of the lineup combined.

We considered the CX5. Just rather have the Sedan.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
They got rid of the MTX recently and previously you couldn't get it with the 2.5L or other than an obnoxiously de-contented configuration even with the 2.0L.

I'd own a CX-5 if I could have had it in a vehicle approximately of content of the 6-Sport and with the 2.5L and MTX. The ONLY way to get the 2.5L was to take the ATX, so I bought the "6" instead. I really liked the CX5 but simply won't buy an ATX car.

·
Registered
515 Posts
They got rid of the MTX recently and previously you couldn't get it with the 2.5L or other than an obnoxiously de-contented configuration even with the 2.0L.

I'd own a CX-5 if I could have had it in a vehicle approximately of content of the 6-Sport and with the 2.5L and MTX. The ONLY way to get the 2.5L was to take the ATX, so I bought the "6" instead. I really liked the CX5 but simply won't buy an ATX car.
Right on! I'm the same. A family (ie. wife's) car is one thing, but for MY car, I'm never buying an automatic again. It's a travesty the turbo 6 doesn't offer a stick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems like maybe and accidental - on purpose leak? lol

Lot of upgrades coming to the CX5 for '19. You can tell they're paying attention to their selling auto and making it much more competitive/desirable.

Can't remember if I read it hear or somewhere else in the last couple of days, Mazda sells more CX5's than the rest of the lineup combined.

We considered the CX5. Just rather have the Sedan.
lol I leaked it

·
Administrator
8,418 Posts
Click me!

Wow! So I'd have to pay OVER $4K MORE to get a CX-5 Reserve compared to my 6? Just for AWD, poorer handling and worse fuel economy?

Sigh...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think Mazda is going to find out that people don't care what engine is in their compact crossover. And they're certainly not going to pay $35k for it. You think anyone who buys a CRV or Rogue or CX5 gives two craps about 0-60 times? It sits up high, has AWD and looks cute--that's what crossover buyers are looking for.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
0-60 in possibly just under 7 seconds. My 6 is closing in on 100K and I want a Bully.....so I'll be considering it.
I wish the Estate was an option for us.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts