Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are no pictures that I could find for 2018+ speaker replacements. Decided to take a few pictures. Was able to reuse all the mounts and plugs from 2014~2017. Only issue is that there is no wires to install the 3.5" dash speakers. Volume is a lot lower. Will definitely need an amp.

Rear door speakers are basically the same as previous years.

Front door also the same

Now for the tweeters that are on the door card now:

1-1/2" Tweeter fits like a glove

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PAC amp adapter and does not fit. There is no wiring up to dash speaker area. The wiring for the auto dim mirror does not fit. The door lights are sealed LED modules and not replaceable bulbs. A lot of minor changes that made swapping over from the GJ to GL models an annoyance.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You dont need a PAC at all on a Bose car, and im thinking not at all period, but no one has confirmed the presence of an amp or not on the non Bose, but they arent going to waste money on an amplified TAU for the lower level trims. Why are you talking about lights and mirrors?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PAC can be used for adding an amp to a Non-Bose car for those who do not want to cut up the original wiring. As I had done with the previous GJ model. PAC > AMP > Back to the original wiring.

"Why would you think 2018 would be any different than the other years of the same model run?" Because the accessories that worked before with the GJ model (stereo harness, lights and mirror wiring), now does not work with the GL model. I am confirming that for the speakers that the wiring and adapter does still work from the GJ model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What PAC are you referring to? Do you have more info on your exact setup? I'm researching upgrading the Audio on a Non-Bose Touring. From working with previous cars, usually upgrading lower trims is easier as you don't have to deal with factory amps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts