Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
I can see the bracket also, but only if I pull the seat material to the side, like:

However, if I leave it alone...:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have those same black brackets on mine, exposed on both sides. I did just have the passenger side seat trim fixed like you, but I don't believe they had to remove the driver side, so I think it's normal.

I immediately noticed the black bracket as well after the repair because I was scrutinizing the area looking for tears, etc. I hadn't compared to the driver side until I saw you post this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for checking, guys. Not sure why I can see in there now but I suspect it has to do with the seats being out and them working on it. Oh well. I'm sure if I had people in the back seat more it would settle itself around the hinge but I rarely do have people back there...last time they were back there the trim broke :/

Actually, maybe the seat foam has a recessed area and it's just not centred with the hinge properly. Rainy day project I suppose.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was correct on the issue. Seat foam was down a bit so it was hitting the hinge. I moved stuff around and now it's fixed. Huzzah!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This piece broke on my driver's seat yesterday. Leaned on it in the heat and it snapped. Will attend to it at the next oil change some time in October. Not so happy to see this is happening to others too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This piece broke on my driver's seat yesterday. Leaned on it in the heat and it snapped. Will attend to it at the next oil change some time in October. Not so happy to see this is happening to others too.
Sorry to hear it happened to your 6 as well. Hopefully there’s more info in their systems now that a few of us have had the problem repaired.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Though this represents faulty design - Mazda's fault - at some point they'll refuse to do the repair I'm guessing. At that point it'll be time to yourselves render the piece in all-metal and hopefully solve the problem. See my idea above...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts