Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am going to buy 4 used rims and tires that came off a 2018 Mazda 6 and put them on my 2016. I want to verify what I'm finding online that I do not have to bring them into a dealer to get the TPMS to sync to my 2016. Is this correct? Any additional info would be great.

Thank you!!!

Tony

·
Registered
327 Posts
Assuming that they both use the same TPMS sensors (which I don't know) :

When changing tires yourself
If you or someone else changes tires, you or someone else can also undertake the steps for the TPMS to complete the ID signal code registration.
After tires have been changed, switch the ignition ON, then back to ACC or OFF.
Wait for about 15 minutes.
After about 15 minutes, drive the vehicle at a speed of at least 25 km/h (16 mph) for 10 minutes and the tire pressure sensor ID signal code will be registered automatically.

Source : https://www.mazdausa.com/static/man...nts/05120200.html?kw=TPMS RESET&hw=TPMS RESET

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Mazda6 Touring MTX
29 Posts
Do you have individual tire readings on your 2016?

My 2015 Touring doesn't have individual tire readings, but instead uses wheel speed sensors to estimate tire inflation and doesn't require individual TPMS sensors at all. I just hold down the 'set' button on the left control panel until the TPMS light flashes and a beep sounds, and the car will adjust accordingly. If you have the same system I do, the TPMS sensors in 2018 wheels won't matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I actually do have another question :) Is there a way to tell that there are sensors installed without taking the tire off? I found online that other car manufacturers have testers but can't find anything for Mazda. The reason I ask is, I want to buy a used set I found online. I guess I can just use the ones off my 2016. Thanks

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If there are sensors, itll have a nut and metal shaft clearly visible from the outside. If youre putting wheels with sensors on a car that doesnt have them (uses the hub) you dont need to do anything cause the car literally doesnt care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 2016 Mazda 6. I have sensors but I can't tell from the outside looking at the tire. The stem is just a rubber stem with no visible indications. I know I have sensors because when my pressure is low I get an alert on the dash. This is why I'm asking. It's driving me crazy LOL

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
On my 2016 Mazda 6. I have sensors but I can't tell from the outside looking at the tire. The stem is just a rubber stem with no visible indications. I know I have sensors because when my pressure is low I get an alert on the dash. This is why I'm asking. It's driving me crazy LOL
You didnt read at all. You dont have sensors in the wheels, the HUB is used to calculate the wheels rotations vs each other and then calculate the difference and extrapolate if theres an error.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You didnt read at all. You dont have sensors in the wheels, the HUB is used to calculate the wheels rotations vs each other and then calculate the difference and extrapolate if theres an error.
Haha yes you are right! I didn't read it well. Sorry about that... thank you for explaining and now I got it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts