Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post in Newbie Section: Have followed similar existing thread for a year and would like to add my disappointing experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't seem to access existing thread (search Resonance to find), so will tell my unhappy experience here: Identified front end vibration at speed above approx 80 kmph in first 400 km from new in May 2018...then... 1) Front wheels were re-balanced when the right front was found to be 4 oz out of balance. 2) I purchased new tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS06) from Mazda dealer because I believed the OEM Falken ZIEX ZE001's could be causing the vibraton. 3) 2 of the Continental's were replaced after road force balancing was done and found to be defective. 4) Right front drive shaft was replaced. 5) Mazda Canada national tech visited Mazda dealer and had the Continental tires removed and reinstalled a new set of rims and OEM Falkens on the vehicle. Mazda dealer also purchased a new advanced wheel balancing device to insure correct balancing results. 6) 3 separate steering rack preload adjustments were performed. 7) and finally the steering rack was replaced. All of these actions failed to solve the vibration. There was another 6 at my dealer with the same issue and I was told there was at least one 6, possibly others, at Mazda Canada in Richmond Hill Ontario all exhibiting the same odd/strange vibration in the front end. My 6 Signature was my 7th Mazda over 18 years (2P5's, 3 M3's 2016 6 GT Tech and then 2018 M6 Sig). Finally, after 5 months and much communication with dealer and corporate Customer Relations, Mazda Canada finally admitted there was an issue with my car that they were unable to identify and correct. As a result of my brand loyalty and fantastic advocacy by my dealership on my behalf, Mazda Canada did the right thing and reimbursed me the full purchase price plus fees, taxes and the full cost of the Conti DWS06's. They said I was the only owner world wide that reported this issue on the 6 Sig (hard to believe) and also said they would not sell me another Mazda vehicle of the "same series or generation" (I think that was their wording). Needless to say, after what I went through with what otherwise was/is a fantastic vehicle, I had no intention of purchasing another Mazda product. But in the future I will consider another Mazda...unless they go so far up market with their brand (BMW of Japan) and make it too difficult to justify the higher cost of their more premium offerings.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car but happy to know that you got your money back.

I also have some disappointments with the car. One is the clanking sound but I can no longer hear it. I followed the suggestion of @tickerguy.

At the moment, I am hoping that this ripped rubber on the rear brake will be covered by the warranty.

Nevertheless, I am enjoying the car whenever I approach it from a parking lot and much more when I drive.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Can't seem to access existing thread (search Resonance to find), so will tell my unhappy experience here: Identified front end vibration at speed above approx 80 kmph in first 400 km from new in May 2018...then... 1) Front wheels were re-balanced when the right front was found to be 4 oz out of balance. 2) I purchased new tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS06) from Mazda dealer because I believed the OEM Falken ZIEX ZE001's could be causing the vibraton. 3) 2 of the Continental's were replaced after road force balancing was done and found to be defective. 4) Right front drive shaft was replaced. 5) Mazda Canada national tech visited Mazda dealer and had the Continental tires removed and reinstalled a new set of rims and OEM Falkens on the vehicle. Mazda dealer also purchased a new advanced wheel balancing device to insure correct balancing results. 6) 3 separate steering rack preload adjustments were performed. 7) and finally the steering rack was replaced. All of these actions failed to solve the vibration. There was another 6 at my dealer with the same issue and I was told there was at least one 6, possibly others, at Mazda Canada in Richmond Hill Ontario all exhibiting the same odd/strange vibration in the front end. My 6 Signature was my 7th Mazda over 18 years (2P5's, 3 M3's 2016 6 GT Tech and then 2018 M6 Sig). Finally, after 5 months and much communication with dealer and corporate Customer Relations, Mazda Canada finally admitted there was an issue with my car that they were unable to identify and correct. As a result of my brand loyalty and fantastic advocacy by my dealership on my behalf, Mazda Canada did the right thing and reimbursed me the full purchase price plus fees, taxes and the full cost of the Conti DWS06's. They said I was the only owner world wide that reported this issue on the 6 Sig (hard to believe) and also said they would not sell me another Mazda vehicle of the "same series or generation" (I think that was their wording). Needless to say, after what I went through with what otherwise was/is a fantastic vehicle, I had no intention of purchasing another Mazda product. But in the future I will consider another Mazda...unless they go so far up market with their brand (BMW of Japan) and make it too difficult to justify the higher cost of their more premium offerings.

I'd be interested in the service invoices to see the work they performed. Any chance of posting those?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello idrive...the work done is as described...no invoices except purchase of the Conti DWS06's (I did that on my own before the full extent of the problem became clear) but all work authorized by Mazda Canada as communicated to Service Manager at my dealership. I was present and observed in the shop all work described above. In addition, I lost count of the in vehicle test drives with top dealer technician, my Service Manager, and Mazda Canada tech reps at every step in the 5 month process that finally led to Mazda Canada admitting the problem was real and unable to identify origin and perform fix and finally buying vehicle back at full pop. During the process I put 7000 km on the vehicle at Mazda Canada urging, much of that due to their insistence that the problem was related to OEM Falken tires and the Conti's that I put on (I replaced the OEM Dunlop SP 5000's on my 2016 M6 GT Tech and they were perfect over the 2 years I had that vehicle). After Mazda Canada insisted that they remove the Conti's and re-install a new set of Falkens plus rims, I agreed to put on 3-4 thousand kms on the vehicle to give ample opportunity for their theory to prove correct. It did not, as vibration persisted. This extended period of putting on the kms was after the drive shaft replacement and before the steering rack preload adjustments and finally the replacement of the rack (which I saw upon delivery to dealership before installation). It was at that point Mazda Canada agreed to buy the car back. The whole experience was bizarre from start to finish, as you may be able to appreciate.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hello idrive...the work done is as described...no invoices except purchase of the Conti DWS06's (I did that on my own before the full extent of the problem became clear) but all work authorized by Mazda Canada as communicated to Service Manager at my dealership. I was present and observed in the shop all work described above. In addition, I lost count of the in vehicle test drives with top dealer technician, my Service Manager, and Mazda Canada tech reps at every step in the 5 month process that finally led to Mazda Canada admitting the problem was real and unable to identify origin and perform fix and finally buying vehicle back at full pop. During the process I put 7000 km on the vehicle at Mazda Canada urging, much of that due to their insistence that the problem was related to OEM Falken tires and the Conti's that I put on (I replaced the OEM Dunlop SP 5000's on my 2016 M6 GT Tech and they were perfect over the 2 years I had that vehicle). After Mazda Canada insisted that they remove the Conti's and re-install a new set of Falkens plus rims, I agreed to put on 3-4 thousand kms on the vehicle to give ample opportunity for their theory to prove correct. It did not, as vibration persisted. This extended period of putting on the kms was after the drive shaft replacement and before the steering rack preload adjustments and finally the replacement of the rack (which I saw upon delivery to dealership before installation). It was at that point Mazda Canada agreed to buy the car back. The whole experience was bizarre from start to finish, as you may be able to appreciate.

All I can say is prove me wrong. No work orders/invoices no work done.

I"m calling BS. So many contradictions in your original story... Sorry. I would love for you to prove me wrong. What dealership? The name of the service advisor?

If it is all true and they don't want to sell you another one or replace it then that speaks volumes. They don't want you as a customer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good morning iDrive...I'm a bit puzzled at your response, seeming to dismiss my experience as just another conspiracy theory. I can only assure you and others who may read my post that it is not BS and there is no If about it whatsoever. I merely wanted to tell my story, hoping that it might prove informative and possibly helpful to other 2018 M6 Sig owners who may have the same or similar issue with their vehicle. I have moved on and am very much enjoying my first Honda vehicle after a 50 year history of car buying.

Cheers and best regards to all!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Good morning iDrive...I'm a bit puzzled at your response, seeming to dismiss my experience as just another conspiracy theory. I can only assure you and others who may read my post that it is not BS and there is no If about it whatsoever. I merely wanted to tell my story, hoping that it might prove informative and possibly helpful to other 2018 M6 Sig owners who may have the same or similar issue with their vehicle. I have moved on and am very much enjoying my first Honda vehicle after a 50 year history of car buying.

Cheers and best regards to all!

If any of your story was true you would provide the information I have requested and stuff it in my face.

Your "story" / Troll post is neither informative or helpful. You would provide the dealership and the name of the service advisor if you are indeed trying to help.

Instead you have run away. Take your fairy tail somewhere else and tell it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Well, quite frankly, that's crazy.

Vibration in the driveline that is speed-sensitive (but not ENGINE-speed sensitive) has to be coming from a rotating part that has enough mass to cause it.

I've seen plenty of vibration-related things on vehicles in my years that are speed-sensitive but never had one I couldn't run down the cause of. My '15 "6" has no such issue and at this point it's far out of warranty, so if it did it would be on me to find and fix it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Even if you're getting warranty work done work orders are generated and copies issued to the customer for their records.

Did you go through CAMVAP? Or did Mazda offer a buyback on their own?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dadscar...thanks for your inquiry...no CAMVAP involvement...Mazda Canada HQ in Richmond Hill did the buyback through General Manager of dealership acting on their behalf. Tried to send you personal msg with more details but as new user not able to do so. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't been following this newbie thread I started 6 mos ago, as very little interest. But this morning I accidentally found this review of 2018 Mazda 6 Signature:
duckduckgo.com/?q=2020+Mazda+6+Signature+reviews&t=ffnt&atb=v39-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=7L9ImC5Nzuo
At beginning of video watch the steering wheel vibrate...freaky, right? This is exactly the experience I had, only at speed with steering wheel in neutral position. As I oulined in my original posting, Mazda could not explain or fix and eventually purchased the vehicle back from me. I am trying to reconnect with the service manager at the dealership. Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts