Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up some winter shoes already...
I picked them up Thursday from a seller on Craigslist and spent a few minutes cleaning them up today.

Now... Time to sell my old set of 16"s...
Really liking your tasteful mods! I have a set of 205/55R16s from my Mazda 3, will probably sell them and get 17s for the winter as well. Although Vancouver winters aren't that tough... In the city we rarely get any snow but I'm planning to do some road trips.

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I got my floor liners in the mail yesterday, so I figured I'd pop them in and take a few pics, since they'll never be as clean and presentable as they will be when new, and they'll be put to good use this weekend, since we're expecting our first (of many, I'm sure) nor'easter of the year.

The fitment is excellent. They slip right into place and have an inch-high lip along the entire edge of the liner. They look to be of good quality and material, so I think they'll do just fine during the CNY winters and the mud/muck I track in from my work boots.

The one HUGE advantage I saw with these is that the drivers liner covers the dead pedal area, which is perfect, since my left foot is there about 90% of the time, and the carpeting tends to get quite dirty and discolored up in that corner. The other (purely aesthetic) thing is the "Mazda 6" plaque and the logo molded into the mat. It looks great to me anyway...

In case you are interested:
Click me for the front set
Click me for the rear liner (1 piece)

They're pricey, I admit, but if they last through all the abuse that they'll get from me, they'll be worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does the driver side mat stay clipped in? The factory mat on my car won't stay clipped on to the left peg. They even replaced my mat with a new one and the same thing happens. I've seen others post they have the same problem. I'm curious if the aftermarket ones do better or have the same issue.

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Does the driver side mat stay clipped in? The factory mat on my car won't stay clipped on to the left peg. They even replaced my mat with a new one and the same thing happens. I've seen others post they have the same problem. I'm curious if the aftermarket ones do better or have the same issue.
It's stayed in place so far, but I've only driven it twice since I installed them, so it's too early to tell. I'll update this as time goes on.

I too am having that same issue with the OEM drivers mat. I've discovered that if exit out of the car by twisting my feet a certain way, especially with my work boots, that's when it pops out of the clip. Since I've been more cognizant of it, I've been more... deliberate, you can say... when I get out, and the clip stays in place far more often. It's hard to describe, but it seemed to make a difference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've noticed that if I put too much pressure on the center of the mat or put/twist my foot a certain way is when it pops out. I've tried to adjust how I get in and out, but I shouldn't have to.

It seems that if the center of the mat was firmer then it wouldn't happen as much. The center of the mat depresses quite a bit and causes the corners to lift up and the left peg to unclip. I thought about putting something like a thin piece of wood under the mat to firm it up and see if that helps but haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got my floor liners in the mail yesterday, so I figured I'd pop them in and take a few pics, since they'll never be as clean and presentable as they will be when new, and they'll be put to good use this weekend, since we're expecting our first (of many, I'm sure) nor'easter of the year.
Yeah buddy! Just put mine in this week too. Such a good looking mat, crazy impossible to clean once they've been weathered though

I had these on my '16 3. If there's anyone who can get stuff clean, it's normally me. As much as I tried, as you said, they're only presentable when they're brand new. Regardless - they do the trick

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

The fitment is excellent. They slip right into place and have an inch-high lip along the entire edge of the liner. They look to be of good quality and material, so I think they'll do just fine during the CNY winters and the mud/muck I track in from my work boots.

The one HUGE advantage I saw with these is that the drivers liner covers the dead pedal area, which is perfect, since my left foot is there about 90% of the time, and the carpeting tends to get quite dirty and discolored up in that corner. The other (purely aesthetic) thing is the "Mazda 6" plaque and the logo molded into the mat. It looks great to me anyway...

In case you are interested:
Click me for the front set
Click me for the rear liner (1 piece)

They're pricey, I admit, but if they last through all the abuse that they'll get from me, they'll be worth it.
Just order a set the other day. One thing I wonder is how much improved NVH on the 18 was via the high pile floor mats. I.e. wonder if replacing the original floor mat with these plastic mats will affect interior NVH.

But anxious to get them. They look nice.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ready for the CNY winter!

FINALLY got my winter wheels/tires installed this weekend (after the 1st Lake Effect snow and 1st Nor'easter of the season, of course... lol)

The install was Friday, and I've put some miles on them since then. A few observations:

- I'm SOOOO glad I decided to upgrade from 16" steelies to the 17" MSW rims for my new 3rd-gen. The wheels fill out the wheelwells pretty nicely, while still allowing room for getting any snow/ice build-up. The 16" rims were okay on my '10, but IMO they'd look like Cheerios on my '18.

- The verdict on the Blizzaks is still out. I did buy them used, so they already have 2 seasons on them. Traction on snowy roads and parking lots is very good, and as expected for a winter tire, but compared to my previous X-ices which had 4 seasons of use on my '10, they're quite loud, and feel a little more squirmy on dry pavement. I'll reserve my final judgement on them after this winter.

- And, just like on my 2nd-gen, I have no TPMS sensors installed, so the TPMS light flashes for the first 30-40 seconds, then stays lit. Also like the 2nd-gen, the light has no effect on the handling or function of any other systems on the 6 (ABS, traction control, etc.), and the light itself is dimmer and farther to the side of the instrument cluster, so it's not as noticeable and/or distracting.

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just an update on the mats...
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've noticed that if I put too much pressure on the center of the mat or put/twist my foot a certain way is when it pops out. I've tried to adjust how I get in and out, but I shouldn't have to.

It seems that if the center of the mat was firmer then it wouldn't happen as much. The center of the mat depresses quite a bit and causes the corners to lift up and the left peg to unclip. I thought about putting something like a thin piece of wood under the mat to firm it up and see if that helps but haven't tried it yet.
Since I installed the mats, the lower left peg has NOT popped out, not once. This includes driving with my work boots on, as well as them being exposed to freeze/thaw and snow/ice, as well as mud and rainwater.
Just order a set the other day. One thing I wonder is how much improved NVH on the 18 was via the high pile floor mats. I.e. wonder if replacing the original floor mat with these plastic mats will affect interior NVH.

But anxious to get them. They look nice.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
IMO they have no effect on the NVH of the '18 compared to the carpet mats. I only noticed a difference when I got my winter wheels/tires installed this past weekend, but I blame that on the Blizzaks. In fact, the Blizzaks showed me just how quiet and calm the "SUV" tires are on the '18s... lol

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
21 Participants
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing