Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced wipers with dealership they goes bad in few weeks, can someone suggest good wiper brand which i can put on, recently bought michelin endurance silicon xt but it did not fit well, i dont want OEM wiper blades, looking for micheline or some good brands.

·
Administrator
8,432 Posts
A couple of other things to try before replacing the blades...

Try to clean them first. Take a wet towel and wipe them down a few times. Sometimes the grime/dust builds up on the edges and causes the chattering.

Also, use a quality glass cleaner when you clean the windshield, and if you use Rain-x, don't. I use it all the time, but there are others that have used it and it's been known to cause chattering.

If you do replace them, go with a beam type blade, not the traditional metal frames or the "winter" wipers. I've found the "winter" wipers tended to lift off the windshield at highway speeds.

Bosch is a great brand. Pricey, but worth it. I've also had luck with Trico and their beam type blades also.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Never did denatured alcohol, but I do wash the windshield every couple of weeks and wipe the blades down.
In summer I spike my windshield with a little generic Simple Green which seems to keep the oil film down on the windshield

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Try to clean them first. Take a wet towel and wipe them down a few times. Sometimes the grime/dust builds up on the edges and causes the chattering.

Also, use a quality glass cleaner when you clean the windshield, and if you use Rain-x, don't. I use it all the time, but there are others that have used it and it's been known to cause chattering.

If you do replace them, go with a beam type blade, not the traditional metal frames or the "winter" wipers. I've found the "winter" wipers tended to lift off the windshield at highway speeds.

Bosch is a great brand. Pricey, but worth it. I've also had luck with Trico and their beam type blades also.
already try to clean wiper blades and windshield didn't help. i was looking for replacement but 2018 mazda 6s having very different adapter , where can i get those adapters

·
Registered
921 Posts

Try to clean them first.

Yes, please try cleaning it first. And clean your windshield thoroughly. Last time I had a "rainbow" on my windshield, I cleaned it thoroughly and my wipers worked like brand new.

I also remove the wiper blades to its frames so that I may clean it, inside and out. I have the hunch that dirt can cause the rubber to become "brittle" as the dirt becomes hard. I use ordinary detergent then apply a silicone based rubber conditioner.

What I'm using is Microtex, I hope this is available to you locally.

·
Registered
921 Posts
already try to clean wiper blades and windshield didn't help. i was looking for replacement but 2018 mazda 6s having very different adapter , where can i get those adapters
Will you take a picture of it? What I have is just an ordinary one, one that you snap in place. Unless the version you have is like the one installed on Trailblazer, you're stuck with OEM.

·
Registered
921 Posts
It looks similar to the adapter of Trailblazer. I tried looking for one but I wasn't able to find it. I got lazy to look for it so I got the OEM.

It seems like you are also stuck with OEM for Mazda. I hope someone else can offer a suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks similar to the adapter of Trailblazer. I tried looking for one but I wasn't able to find it. I got lazy to look for it so I got the OEM.

It seems like you are also stuck with OEM for Mazda. I hope someone else can offer a suggestion.
thank you for your input.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I find the “adapters” interesting however I feel the big brand wiper brands should have wipers to accommodate them. I always keep my windshield clean and use rainx every other wash or so, with Bosch Icon wipers. Windshield is always clear of rain or snow with this combination.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Keeping the windshield helps prevent chattering. After I wash the car, I always do the windshield last with some Dawn dish soap For in between cleanings, add to a spray bottle: 2 cups water, 2 tsp white vinegar, and 1/4 Dawn.

The newer Mazda wiper adapters look very similar in size and shape to connectors the are available but they’re not. They’re not quite the right size. I tried a set but they did not fit. Auto Zone ordered a factory replacement for me. It was from the same source as the OEM wipers but was only $20 versus almost $50 at the dealer !

But .... Just this past weekend I went to Autozone to order another one. (I like having a back up on hand.) It’s no longer in their system and they can’t order it. Not sure what’s up with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i replaced wipers with dealership they goes bad in few weeks, can someone suggest good wiper brand which i can put on, recently bought michelin endurance silicon xt but it did not fit well, i dont want OEM wiper blades, looking for micheline or some good brands.
I was faced with the same problem on my 18 mazda 6. There are several aftermarket wipers I know that fit this type of wiper arm

1. Trico Exact Fit which is almost the same as OEM. You can buy from Rockauto or Ebay. The part numbers are:
Trico Exact Fit 1817B (passenger side)
Trico Exact Fit 2417B (driver side)
2. Bosch Envision. You can buy from Autozone. The part numbers are:
EN 18OE (passenger side)
EN 24OE (driver side)
3. PIAA Si-Tech. The part numbers are:
97045 (passenger side)
97060 (driver side)

Trico should be cost effective. I bought a pair from rockauto for less than $20. The Bosch and PIAA are way more expensive though. Hope this helps. Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got one of those cheap Walmart brand blades for my 2013 iGT and they started chattering after a few months. I tried cleaning them and that didn't work. Eventually, I noticed that they chartered in only one direction of travel. So one day I decided to rotate each blade 180 degrees. This required me to also rotate the adapter as well, but it was easy to do. Now the blades have been working silently for months now, problem solved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts