Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Mazda 6s wagon for under a year and I got an idea to mount a 2018 Mazda 6 front end on to my front end. I got this idea when I saw a guy who has a Nissan Stagea 260rs and he put the front end of an R34 GTR onto his. I am wondering if that would be possible with my idea. Now I have taken pictures of a Mazda 3 (2017) front fenders and the lines seem to match fairly well.
-ThatWagonGuy
____
Big plans, broke college kid

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Anything can be done with time an enginuity. It is an unknown project though. You would be a pioneer!

PS welcome to the forum. There's a wagon love thread on here. It's devoted to all things wagon. We'd love to see a few photos of your long top!

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I"m with waughoo on this one - while it probably CAN be done, the amount of effort and money you'll have to spend on customizing it (and likely customizing a lot of fabrication) is not going to be small.

·
Registered
604 Posts
How good are you at welding and bondo? Because this would take many, many hours of both, so you'll need a second car to use. The mounting points, not to mention the hood and fender shapes and dimensions are totally different so the fitment will never be quite correct even with the pounds of body filler you'll need. Not to mention that after one drive on a bumpy road, all that body filler is going to crack into a million pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How good are you at welding and bondo? Because this would take many, many hours of both, so you'll need a second car to use. The mounting points, not to mention the hood and fender shapes and dimensions are totally different so the fitment will never be quite correct even with the pounds of body filler you'll need. Not to mention that after one drive on a bumpy road, all that body filler is going to crack into a million pieces.
I do know Bondo and welding. My plans would be to create the fenders out of fiberglass (I repair surfboards I know how to work with it) and trim the hood to fit. I won't know till I have my hands on the parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts