Mazda 6 Forums banner

2018 Mazda 6-Consumer Reports

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Archerfish 
#1 ·
Did anybody notice that the 0-60 time of the 2018 N/A 2.5L is now 9.2 seconds, the last time I checked Consumer Reports mag it was 7.5 seconds.

Sound deadening and thicker glass added 100-200 pounds but it shouldn't be that slow, it's now a slug compared to the 2014-2015 models.

#3 ·
Having owned a 2016 and now the turbo sig. I can confidently say it is NOT a slug. Power is delivered much differently with the turbo. And where I was not all that concerned about getting stopped for speeding in my 2016, that isnt the case with the 2018.
People need to stop relying on 0-60 times and tests that are not relevant in real-life situations. Product "specs" are just marketing soundbytes meant to take the intelligence and first-hand evaluation out of buying. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
Yes he was referring to the non-turbo Mazda6... and very likely, with the A/T. The new car is heavier, and the A/T versions have that pendular flywheel, to quell the transition from operating on 4 active cylinders versus two... and vice-versa. I wonder if that has any effect? For sure, the testing conditions (ambient temp, local atmospheric pressure, moisture on the ground, etc.) and the use of the same test equipment could affect matters.

I agree that the 0-60 speed measurement is probably not that significant relative to everyday use considerations - but the increment in that acceleration measurement - a well-nigh 2 second increment - is substantial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.