Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install a Homelink Mirror in a 2018 Sport but running into multiple issues.

1. The wiring is different from the previous gens and do not work with the install kit. So I had to run the wire all the way to the fuse box.
2. Normal Homelink Mirror won't clear the sensor covers so I bought a longer GNTX-453-2
3. The sensor cover won't clear the Mirror so I might have to cut the wings.

Does anyone have a picture of the Homelink mirror installed on a 2018 under the cover? Would like to see the wire routing and if I need to break out the Dremel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Which homelink are you trying to install? The older one with a black frame around the mirror, or the newer frameless mirror that comes stock on the higher model 6?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to install the older black frame one with extended mount from another that cleared the GJ sensors I believe.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
That's probably where the issue is. Different homelink mirror in the car for 2018. I'm sure you can still get it to work, but as you've found, it is unfortunately not plug and play as you have discovered
This may not be the issue. My '18 GTR has the Homelink with the framed mirror, similar to the one used in my 2nd-gen. I believe only the Signature uses the frameless mirror...

I can get pics of my mirror installed from the factory, and post them up, if it may help...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may not be the issue. My '18 GTR has the Homelink with the framed mirror, similar to the one used in my 2nd-gen. I believe only the Signature uses the frameless mirror...

I can get pics of my mirror installed from the factory, and post them up, if it may help...

Thanks for the offer but problem solved with a couple of cut off wheels and a Dremel. Here are some pictures of the cuts needed for anyone in the future that might have the same issue. Worth it for 1/5 the cost of a mirror from Mazda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Chazzy J
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing