Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
You're correct, no diesel in the US. Look how long it took Audi's Q5 TDI to get here... It frustrates us to no end, but oh well. EVs are really going to be big here in 5-7 years anyway. I expect that this will be my last car powered by petro-based fuels. (That's another reason I wanted to get an MT.)
If I may stray from the topic, are diesels banned in the US? Is there a special kind of permit to own a diesel car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I may stray from the topic, are diesels banned in the US? Is there a special kind of permit to own a diesel car?
No, we've had them here for decades - Mercedes Benz, VW, some others. I think it's just that back in the day, our locally-made gas-fueled vehicles became so tightly woven into American culture that there wasn't enough of a market for many diesel-fueled cars, and apart from a few brands it just sort of stayed that way. I don't have another/better explanation, but someone else who knows more than I know might.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You're correct, no diesel in the US. Look how long it took Audi's Q5 TDI to get here... It frustrates us to no end, but oh well. EVs are really going to be big here in 5-7 years anyway. I expect that this will be my last car powered by petro-based fuels. (That's another reason I wanted to get an MT.)
No, they're just not popular here in passenger vehicles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think that's a good price

My circumstances were a bit different last year when I got my 17.

The CPO is such a plus, my dealership is great about covering items.

To the OP, my mazda6 is the nicest car I had to buy myself too. Nothing wrong with that..in fact, a few coworkers are leasing a BMW 3 series and Audi A4.

With a third of their monthly payments, I think I have the best bang for my buck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
7 Participants
Scott 1960
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing