Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Mazda6 touring, my son in avoiding a speeding car from the opposite lane, hit a garbage can and the passenger side mirror painted shell came off and was lost. The mirror somehow doesn't move and it could be something obstructing it. The mirror appears good except for the missing shell and damage to the turn signal lens cover.

I was looking at some aftermarket mirrors and they cost between $50-80. They don' include BSM.

I was thinking of swapping parts from the existing mirror to the after market one. Is this something doable? I was told the after market mirrors may not match exactly and I may or may not be able to swap parts.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Rally Racer
1,881 Posts
Tell your son that you love him...it can happen that quick. Also, nice driving!

The mirror compatibility between aftermarket and OEM is possible but unlikely to be perfect.

Why not just replace the color matched part and turn lens? The two together should cost between $50-$80 USD depending on what color you have and where it was built.

It also appears the part is interchangeable with the Mazda 3 of the same year.

Goodluck

https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/Mazda/2017/Mazda-6/Door-Mirror-Cover/12560114/B63B691N127.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have patched it up with cardboard and sealed it with black masking tape.
From what I looked at, it looks like there is some minor breakage inside and I may need the turn signal lens and top cover.

Will search for available options.

Thanks for the information. One thing I found from the local dealer is that the full part costs like $330 + tax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts