Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next best way is to get 3-4 offers in writing from separate dealers and then get them to compete against each other.
This is the route I took. I pretty much had a template email saying "What's the best pricing you can do for both financing and cash? Please provide the breakdown of fees in the reply back. I also have a trade in *list details*. Please let me know what we can work with and then I will schedule a test drive"

The first dealer to reply back actually read what I put down and gave me the breakdowns (listed above). The shitty dealerships didn't even read through the email and would just ask what I was looking for. For those that did reply back, I found the closer dealerships to me where a little higher than one who was farther out. I presented the quote and said "I received a quote from XXX Dealership but they're about an hours drive away. If you could beat or match this price, I would love to come to you instead." Two of the dealerships gave me a new breakdown showing that they could beat it by $500 or more!

It was super easy just dealing with emails and having paper trails I could reference with each other.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is the route I took. I pretty much had a template email saying "What's the best pricing you can do for both financing and cash? Please provide the breakdown of fees in the reply back. I also have a trade in *list details*. Please let me know what we can work with and then I will schedule a test drive"
Agreed. Yeah I hate the dealers that have an "internet department" whose sole purpose is to hound you to come down to the store without giving you any price details over email.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agreed. Yeah I hate the dealers that have an "internet department" whose sole purpose is to hound you to come down to the store without giving you any price details over email.
Yeah...it was a STARK difference between the good and the bad Internet Sales Departments. The one I ended up with do high volume and I can see why. Great experience from the first email all the way to the finance person who helped we sign the final paperwork. The team ended up staying nearly an hour past closing to wrap everything up, detail the car, and made sure I knew all the features.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid $18,800 for a 2017 (early 2017, not 2017.5) AT sport model with no additional options before TTL. I'd have to check what the total ended up being.

I had pricing for $20,800 for an AT touring model, but I liked the feel of the cloth seats better.

I really wanted a M3 hatchback, but I have am tall with severe back issues, and the M6 fit me better. It is still far from comfortable (head rest and seat back is way too firm!), but was the best I found that was not an SUV\CUV. After about 15 minutes of driving, I am uncomfortable, 1 hour I am in pain, 2 hours I need to stop driving.

I liked the utility and seat best in the CX-3, but the handing, performance, and ride quality were pretty awful in comparison.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went shopping for Mazda 6 with manual today and they are sooo tough to find here on Long Island. Had to settle on test driving a Mazda 3 to get a handle on how the Mazda 6 engine and transmission would feel. The Mazda 3 was an GT with the 2.5L, 6 speed manual and completely loved it so now on to finding an Mazda6 touring (and negotiate). Earlier in the day, I also test drove an 6 speed manual Crosstrek and Forester and if you didn't know there is no comparison in how the overall package felt - especially the manual transmissions :). I've used sites such as truecar, but they don't help with finding inventory once you submit the request. Does anyone have recent history in locating in the N.E. and purchase price for 2017.5 M6 Touring manuals? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please let us all know where you are located when you post prices paid or the amount off MSRP that you got on your new vehicles. And if there is a dealership you would recommend in your area. I live in north GA, 10 miles south of Chattanooga, TN and probably 100 miles north of Atlanta. I would love to know what someone may have paid for their Mazda6 or Mazda3 in my area. I have driven to the Atlanta area several times to buy new cars and went to Cartersville to buy my Hyundai Genesis sedan back in 2012.

Anyway , thank you all for posting your discounts and numbers but please remember to post what area you live in to help the rest of us out with negotiating when the time comes to make a purchase.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought my 2017 Mazda6 GT for $32,400CDN OTR.
It includes rubber mats, cargo mat, first oil change.
Seems like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In mid December I bought a new 2017 Touring MT in Machine Gray in midstate NY. :drive: Paid cash. No trade in.
25,635 MSRP
-2,500 Incentive
-4,535 Dealer Discount
18,600 Price of Car
20,300 OTD after tax, title, reg & $75 doc fee

While I was hopeful for good news on a 2018 turbo I wasn't going to buy an automatic and spend 30K+ to get it. :angry2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my 2017 GS AT no pkg, with (spoiler, mud flaps and front floor liner worth $904 Cdn) and traded a 2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr sedan in good condition with 185,000 km (got $2,500 for it) OTD for $25,800 Cdn. They said they just wanted my business. (Was a bit sour that my old 2004 MPV rusted out from under me and I think they felt bad.). Feel really good about my purchase and can't wait to get a vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't read all the posts, so I wasn't sure if this is for brand new cars only?

I just bought a 2017.5 GT in Soul Red, with Premium package and Navigation. $24,224, $150 doc fee and $35 trip permit (temp license) fee. No sales tax where I live. But the car had 2400 miles on it. I had no trade in, as my 2011 just died a horrible death from water pump failure. :-(

I agree with those who suggest using the internet sales department. It's so easy these days to find vehicles on Car Gurus, Edmunds, etc. You can get a very good idea of prices, price trends and popularity. Car Gurus gives a pricing history on a specific car so you can see if it was priced lower in the past. Also how long it has been listed online, so you can see if something is not selling. I bought my car over Labor Day weekend and the prices were really good.

I was kind of over a barrel because I didn't want a 2018 and the stock of 2017s is limited. But if you have a specific package and style and it's a current model you can contact multiple dealers' internet sales departments, and have them all bid against one another. If you want one very specific car that is at Dealer A, often Dealer B will get that car and sell it to you. So get the best price and then ask that dealer to get the specific car you want if they don't have one on their lot. This only works with brand new cars, though.

I haven't bought using the traditional sales route in ages. I go to the dealership to test drive and then get online to work the deals. I spend less than an hour in the showroom doing paperwork and I am out the door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Two reasons.

(1) My budget did not allow for a 2018 and

(2) I didn't want the larger engine. Maybe more ZOOM but the fuel economy was noticeably different. My only gripe about my 2011 was the fuel economy and the 2017 has a lot better MPG. So far it's doing about 33, mostly highway with some stop and go driving.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't read all the posts, so I wasn't sure if this is for brand new cars only?

I just bought a 2017.5 GT in Soul Red, with Premium package and Navigation. $24,224, $150 doc fee and $35 trip permit (temp license) fee. No sales tax where I live. But the car had 2400 miles on it. I had no trade in, as my 2011 just died a horrible death from water pump failure. :-(

I agree with those who suggest using the internet sales department. It's so easy these days to find vehicles on Car Gurus, Edmunds, etc. You can get a very good idea of prices, price trends and popularity. Car Gurus gives a pricing history on a specific car so you can see if it was priced lower in the past. Also how long it has been listed online, so you can see if something is not selling. I bought my car over Labor Day weekend and the prices were really good.

I was kind of over a barrel because I didn't want a 2018 and the stock of 2017s is limited. But if you have a specific package and style and it's a current model you can contact multiple dealers' internet sales departments, and have them all bid against one another. If you want one very specific car that is at Dealer A, often Dealer B will get that car and sell it to you. So get the best price and then ask that dealer to get the specific car you want if they don't have one on their lot. This only works with brand new cars, though.

I haven't bought using the traditional sales route in ages. I go to the dealership to test drive and then get online to work the deals. I spend less than an hour in the showroom doing paperwork and I am out the door.
I just bought a 2017 GT, 2600mi, with premium package for 24,400 from an online dealer, I had to pay for shipping it 1300mi but still under 25K after fees & shipping for the exact colors/trim I wanted. I only found 2 of the same cars nationwide that were close in mileage (both actually a bit more miles) and one had parchment seats which was a dealbreaker. I did contact them and neither would touch the deal and didn't seem to want to go under 26K. If I were local I probably could have got them down a bit but I think I got a good deal. I hope so. It's not certified, I do have a 90 day dealer warranty and 7 day return window. It has plenty of the original warranty left. I think it was a demo or something, only my dealer and one previous dealer title listed, no individual owners. It appears flawless, but I'm taking it in for an inspection before the return window ends.

I wanted many of the top trim options. Even little things like the heated steering wheel is wonderful for my always cold hands. I never liked the separate heated covers I've tried. The 2018 trim I would have to wanted would be much more than I wanted to pay. I won't know for sure until I can speak to my local dealer and get it checked out, but hopefully all is well. If not, I can return it. The only thing I would have wanted on the 2018 was the front parking sensors but I can add that.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts