Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"To use Android Auto, Please stop your car and check your Android phone"
I got this message after installing mazda's android auto kit on my 2017 mazda 6 touring.
I try to connect Moto x pure edition mobile phone. I didn't try any other device yet.
Anyone see the same problem??
Can someone help me with that??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hopefully you have Android Auto app installed on your phone? Normally, that screen message indicates that you need to answer some prompts from the phone to allow the Mazda system and the phone to share information. If that's not the case, make sure all connections were made correctly as per the instructions when the kit was installed.

Also - what version of the Mazda Infotainment software is installed?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also, be sure to use a quality cable.

I had a lot of instability (phone disconnected or rebooted randomly) with Apple Carplay at first. That was with a cheap cable.

Changed the cable and all is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully you have Android Auto app installed on your phone? Normally, that screen message indicates that you need to answer some prompts from the phone to allow the Mazda system and the phone to share information. If that's not the case, make sure all connections were made correctly as per the instructions when the kit was installed.

Also - what version of the Mazda Infotainment software is installed?
The Infotainment Software Version: V70.00.100 NA
I installed Android Auto on my phone. Android Auto app also said the same message.
I double check the connection is perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, be sure to use a quality cable.

I had a lot of instability (phone disconnected or rebooted randomly) with Apple Carplay at first. That was with a cheap cable.

Changed the cable and all is good now.

Thank you
I will try with different cable, also with mobile model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked with
Moto x pure eddition (Android 7.0)
Google pixel 2 (Android 9.0)
iPhone 6s

The infotainment said "Car is not parked". So, can't connect with Android Auto & Apple Carplay.
But when I put eBrake, infotainment allow me to connect.

Second thing is that, touch is working with Apple Carplay.
Touch screen is not working with Android Auto at all, I have to use center console.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Interesting. Android auto requires the car to be parked and not Apple Carplay.

Another difference I spotted was the navigation button. It brings you to the recently used navigation app on Android auto and Apple maps on carplay. No 3rd party. Hope that changes in the future...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did follow all the instructions for android auto and apple carplay as well.
Main thing is that I have to engage the e brake, both devices are not connecting when car is in Park.
Even if After successful connection of android auto the touch screen is not working at all for android auto.
It means it doesn't read the parking status.
Also check the wiring again. The wiring is perfect according to diagram.

If I will install V70.00.100 NA version again will solve the problem??

·
Registered
73 Posts
the touch screen does not work with Android Auto. That's a Google design decision, at least that is what has been posted elsewhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the touch screen does not work with Android Auto. That's a Google design decision, at least that is what has been posted elsewhere.
It's also a Mazda thing. There are two interfaces for AA, one that is laid out in a way that's optimal for touch, and another that's optimal for joystick/command knob controls. I believe that Google allows each manufacturer to decide which layout they want to use. If I remember correctly I've heard of a few other cars that have wheel style controls but that also use the touch layout and allow touch while the car is not moving.

Also to the OP. Its weird, I'm able to connect my phone at anytime regardless of if the car is moving or not, and AA will automatically fire up on my phone and soon after cast to the head unit. That message does come up when you need to do something on your phone to continue. You may want to check your Android Auto settings, because if you have it set to automatically allow the connection from the head unit you wont ever have to press anything on your phone to start Android Auto, you can just plug it in and it goes. You may have accidentally set it so you have to confirm on each connection which would prompt that screen since it requires looking at your phone.

The other thing that is weird is that when I do need to do stuff that requires a still car, I can be in drive as long as I'm holding the break. No parking break or park transmission switch required.

I'm in a 2016 6. That would really blow if they sent not just the accelerometer info to Android Auto but also the transmission and E-break status starting with the 2017s and require all 3 to be "safe".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also got one more thing. Yesterday, I open diagnostic session. Open DTCs of my car, I saw "CMU DTC 1 - B119F92 (GPS Antenna-Performance or Incorrect Operation)". Right now, my car's navigation doesn't have location.

Maybe because of this android auto said that car is moving.

Anyone know about this??
Please help.
Thank you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'll be getting the Android Auto soon and I hope everything will be fine. I'll be using the "hack version" instead of the kit.

I find it weird that my friend needs to use a dedicated cable just to connect with the head unit. According to him, USB cable won't work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also got one more thing. Yesterday, I open diagnostic session. Open DTCs of my car, I saw "CMU DTC 1 - B119F92 (GPS Antenna-Performance or Incorrect Operation)". Right now, my car's navigation doesn't have location.

Maybe because of this android auto said that car is moving.

Anyone know about this??
Please help.
Thank you.
ONE possible cause, the GPS antenna plug came lose as you were sliding the head unit back into place, its a small blue cable located on the left side of the unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received a letter stating I can get the android auto now. So I went to mazda dealer and they said it's $395. Is it the same everywhere? I thought it would be a free update. Thanks (2017 mazda6 touring)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts