Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a 2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate which has Adaptive Cruise Control that lets me set it at LOW speeds and when in a TRAFFIC JAM it will move the car ahead without input, stop when the car in front stops and then, AGAIN WITHOUT INPUT move it ahead when the car ahead moves. If stopped for more than 3 seconds, when the car ahead moves I can just tap a BUTTON on the wheel and it will resume moving ahead. No gas pedal or brake needed.

As I understand it, the --2016-- Mazda 6 does NOT work like this. In that year the cruise control CUTS OUT at slow speeds and thus gives no help in low and slow traffic. It is my understanding that this CHANGED in 2017s and the 6 is now like the CRX-5 with this more advanced version.

Can people WHO ACTUALLY DRIVE the 2017 Mazda 6 please tell me if correct? I've read everything all over the net AND have been discussing this online and I STILL get conflicting answers. And yes: driving one myself would resolve it but they're not easy to find at dealers so ALL HELP REALLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks, Alley

·
Registered
64 Posts
It may depend on the trim level, I have a manual touring without lane departure or anything else like that, haven't tried it at low speeds but it does not seem to stop/slow down. You may just want to call a dealership, I'm sure they could tell you and it would be the best resource. Or just email Mazda and ask them, they're very responsive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may depend on the trim level, I have a manual touring without lane departure or anything else like that, haven't tried it at low speeds but it does not seem to stop/slow down. You may just want to call a dealership, I'm sure they could tell you and it would be the best resource. Or just email Mazda and ask them, they're very responsive.
You're correct it does depend on trim level and I'm assuming the top-level trim and fully loaded. The dealerships are useless as in my extensive experience you get the wrong answer more than 50% of the time and one can't be sure who knows and who doesn't. Emailing Mazda is better - and if there's a good email address to which they respond I'm there - but frankly email is not great as I've found I'm likely to get a half answer and then need to ask again and again. I'll try calling though and see if I can get some 411 and if they can lead me to an online source that is definitive.

Thanks! Alley

·
Registered
64 Posts
My dealership has been great overall so I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with them. I just emailed their customer service and got what I needed. It was a few days wait, but they responded and called my dealership to get a part ordered for me. It would likely be the Grand touring then, as that one has all of the bells and whistles and is also only available in an auto. Hopefully someone here knows something as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koralie13 - First of all, Thanks given and THANKS.

And now an answer: having waited ONE HOUR to get someone at MazdaUSA. Yes: They honestly said it would be an hour - with 16 peeps in queue - and it was almost exactly. I got a lovely man named Chris who was patient and talked me through it. He BTW had driven one car and told me his experience of how the CX5 worked which we later agreed had clearly either NOT been with the correct trim or which he had not known how to operate at the highest level.

But he stayed with me and talked me through getting the manuals FROM MAZDA'S SITE and we went over them together and he agreed with my reading.

While the 2017 Mazda CX5 DOES have what my 2015 Hyundai Genesis has: namely a true STOP AND GO Adoptive Cruise Control, the 2017 6 does NOT I repeat DOES NOT. When you get the CORRECT manuals for both and read them carefully, the difference is patent. (I say correct as at least one of the sites from which one is likely to download a manual has the 2016 CX5 for download AS the 2017.) So. Back to buying a 2015 Ultimate Gennie I go!

Anyone get any other input I'm listening but I think this just got simpler.

Alley

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anyone know WTF is up with my cruise control on my 2017 Mazda6??? I can't turn it off unless i hit the brakes and even then it's not fully off. The cruise control icon remains meaning it's ready to activate again. When I hit the "off/can" button it decreases my speed when pressed and when i hit "set/-" it increases my speed. The "on" and "res/+" buttons do nothing.

I find this to be quite the safety hazard. Is this something that should be covered under warranty and even if it's not under warranty since it's a hazard??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
fredaroony
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing