Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The central locking has recently started to malfunction - when you try to unlock the car with the key it does unlock sometimes but then produces a number of loud clicks (sounds like it is trying to unlock but just keeps repeating). One time it did not unlock and I had to leave the car for 30 minutes but when I returned it unlocked ok.
I have sent a copy of a video of the problem that I took to Mazda UK but they have no idea what the problem is - has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The central locking has recently started to malfunction - when you try to unlock the car with the key it does unlock sometimes but then produces a number of loud clicks (sounds like it is trying to unlock but just keeps repeating).
The motor or solenoid or whatever you call it is most probably the problem.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm confused. Are you locking the car while the door is open? I'm on my bed right now and I can't increase the volume of my phone.

To answer your question earlier, the picture I showed you is individually installed on your doors. So, you have one for each door.

I really suspect that the actuator is the culprit. My suggestion is to locate where the sound is loudest. You "open" that door.

When I say "open", you remove the door panel so that you can access the actuator. You now check it if it's working properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I am not locking the door while it is open - the video shows what happens when you unlock the door using the handle button. I have played around with it today and if you lock and unlock using the key fob its ok.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Everything in modern cars is computer controlled. Just for the hell of it, try pulling off the negative cable on your battery for a few minutes. See if that doesn’t reset something in case it’s a software issue and not a hardware issue. Who knows, it could be a safety interlock, loose ground wire, it could even be the routine that detects a fob that is left inside the car. Again, thoughts off the top of my head but it could be a software issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting point about it being a software problem as I had it serviced 3 months ago and whilst I was not informed that a software update had been done I noticed that all my usual settings had disappeared and I did think that something may have changed. Because I have not used the car much due to the coronavirus outbreak I didn't notice the problem until recently - I will have a word with Mazda UK but thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts