Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Mazda 6 with the Bose susytem and 2 JL 12’s in the trunk. Approximately 3 months ago the system abruptly started malfunctioning.

while drivingall audio will switch to either all right front door speaker or all left. If volume is all the way down if will make a low end humming sound for approximately 3 seconds. Had amp rechecked and it solved nothing.

i have tried not connecting Bluetooth, disabling sub amp, checking Bose amp connections,and can’t find a fix. If anyone has suggestions PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
You gave absolutely zero details on the install. How did the subs get hooked up? Pics? Take it back to the shop that did the install if applicable?
I agree, take it back to the shop. Your car is relatively new so the only likely cause is your recently installed subwoofers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2017 Mazda 6 with the Bose susytem and 2 JL 12’s in the trunk. Approximately 3 months ago the system abruptly started malfunctioning.

while drivingall audio will switch to either all right front door speaker or all left. If volume is all the way down if will make a low end humming sound for approximately 3 seconds. Had amp rechecked and it solved nothing.

i have tried not connecting Bluetooth, disabling sub amp, checking Bose amp connections,and can’t find a fix. If anyone has suggestions PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for no pictures I will get some. The subs have been installed for over 2 years without an issue and shop is no longer. It was originally direct wired into the amp and last week I went to another shop and they installed a JL RCA converter to see if that did it and no success. The problem just started abruptly. I have video of it but can’t get it to post.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sorry for no pictures I will get some. The subs have been installed for over 2 years without an issue and shop is no longer. It was originally direct wired into the amp and last week I went to another shop and they installed a JL RCA converter to see if that did it and no success. The problem just started abruptly. I have video of it but can’t get it to post.
Just upload it to YouTube. That is the earliest way to post videos. Please don't ask me how as I do not know, but someone said that it is the easiest way.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Direct wired where/how? The BOSE HU output a line level 20-20 signal and you need zero output converters. A shop who didnt test your car properly to see what you need/dont need and just threw something in there isnt to be trusted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know factory picture isn’t great but wanted to post something with all the know ledge everyone here has. Will link to YouTube video soon but one I had was on highway so to much road noise. Any help is hugely appreciated.
DA37A700-A397-4051-A3BB-780205825EEF.jpeg
77F0CE9E-5D49-4BF9-94D2-2F1A25B67D61.jpeg
B4935781-F523-4710-A389-C2EC789CC36A.jpeg

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The ground side of the line-level signal is open on the side doing the buzzing, and the fault is intermittent. Look at the input side to the amp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgive me for my ignorance but I have extremely limited self knowledge. The problem was before the line level. That was added approximately 2 weeks ago and problem is about 2 months old. Ran system 2 years in this one and 3 years in previous 09’.
Can’t you explain a little “dumber” what to check.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hopefully these pics help. View attachment 238494
What the FUCK?? Did they just jam the wires in there with no terminals? Im betting you have a loose wire thats shorting the + and -. I cant really tell what they did with the Bose amp connections though, but the signal should be coming off the input side, not the side with all the extra plugs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tracked the Alpine wires and they merge into the first black harness but the best I can tell the black and red wires run directly into Bose amp. I have included a picture of the opposite side of amp if that helps.
7CF46AAC-9981-42BA-B143-639728A49FB6.jpeg
6DCEF2E5-B263-49B3-BF4A-FBFBEEDBB985.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I bought a PAC to connect direct to the amp. I just wanted to confirm what connections I should use at the amp off of the 4 RCA’s running from PAC.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dude, you NEED to fix the wiring on the amp FIRST. Those power and ground wires are dangerous if not using a crimp terminal to keep stray wires from shorting out. You do NOT need ANY KIND of line output convertor.

Step 1. Get rid of the JL unit and return the PAC.
Step 2. Fix the power, ground and speaker wires with crimp terminals.
Step 3. Refer to this post and use the wires from plug 0920-515A - Rear Left Channel - Pink (+) and Light Green (-), Rear Right Channel - Grey (+) and Blue (-) to connect the RCA's to. You can simply cut the end off, strip it back to reveal the 2 conductors inside. The center one goes to + and the shield goes to -.

Hooking a line level signal to a line level convertor will cut the signal so far down you wont get a good source and might actually cause noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have connectors that I will put on the power and ground post to see if it helps. I was just going to try pace to see if it worked

1 - 20 of 24 Posts