Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2014 Mazda 6 Touring had them in the trunk, right where they belong.
I traded it in for a 2016 Mazda 6GT Sept 2015. After my first service visit at 4,000 miles,I checked the trunk and....no tiedowns. I don't know if they were there to begin with or removed at first service. I could have sworn they were there when looking for the mag lock tool early on before the service. I had the 2nd service performed last week and mentioned the missing tiedowns....they told me it didn't come with them anymore, but i could buy them from them. I said no and the car should have had them in the trunk.....we went round and round and the service manager stopped, went up to the parts counter and ordered them for me free of charge. My wife picked them up for me today and when i get home, they go in the trunk, right where they belong. I don't know if they will ever be used, but if Mazda put a place in the trunk for them, they should be included.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My 2014 Mazda 6 Touring had them in the trunk, right where they belong.
I traded it in for a 2016 Mazda 6GT Sept 2015. After my first service visit at 4,000 miles,I checked the trunk and....no tiedowns. I don't know if they were there to begin with or removed at first service. I could have sworn they were there when looking for the mag lock tool early on before the service. I had the 2nd service performed last week and mentioned the missing tiedowns....they told me it didn't come with them anymore, but i could buy them from them. I said no and the car should have had them in the trunk.....we went round and round and the service manager stopped, went up to the parts counter and ordered them for me free of charge. My wife picked them up for me today and when i get home, they go in the trunk, right where they belong. I don't know if they will ever be used, but if Mazda put a place in the trunk for them, they should be included.
would you mind posting the part numbers from your receipt?

·
Registered
526 Posts
My 2016 GT did not have the tiedown eyelets although the owners manual says it comes with the tie downs. I went back to the dealership a week after picking up my car to tell them my tiedown eyelets were missing , (1) They did not know what tie down eyelets were ! and (2) They opened the boot of two GTs on the lot and they did not have the eyelets either. So i came back home empty handed.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My 2016 GT did not have the tiedown eyelets although the owners manual says it comes with the tie downs. I went back to the dealership a week after picking up my car to tell them my tiedown eyelets were missing , (1) They did not know what tie down eyelets were ! and (2) They opened the boot of two GTs on the lot and they did not have the eyelets either. So i came back home empty handed.
So... silly semantics here (and an additional point of reference for y'all)

What you guys are calling tiedown eyelets - i've always referred to as "tow hooks". My '15 touring DID come with both of them.

I *thought* you were referring to cargo management hooks for the interior of the trunk - was hoping there was something I could do to improve usability there.

*smacks forehead*

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
The tie down eyelets need to be installed. They are a kit and you can order yourself a cargo net as well. Dealers are selling on eBay for decent prices.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am getting to know my recently purchased 2016 6 and saw the empty slots which I guess I didn't notice when checking out the car. I looked in the manual to learn what they are and then came here for more info and spotted this thread. Did 2016 6 Tourings have these tie-down hooks from the factory or not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
693 Posts
They are not tow hooks. They are used on the vessel that the cars are shipped-over with. I suspect that there are frames / jigs that are used aboard-ship where said shipping hooks are pulled strictly axially... no bending moments applied. Mazda quit including those in their cars... but the slots still remain in the styrofoam in the trunk.

I ended up buying the two rear "eyes"... but I will be using them in concert with the Australian market "tow bar" (A.K.A. receptacle-style trailer hitch platform)... where I will use all for installing / stabilizing a bicycle rack. As noted - I will use the shipping eyes only axially to stabilize the bike rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts