Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been searching around the forum but I can seem to find anything on this.

I'm wondering if it's possible to switch the 2016 touring standard headlights to the 2016 touring technology package headlights with the daytime running lights in the housing. Is this possible? Is it an easy swap? Is the wiring already there for the added LEDs? (I know it's not possible to switch to GT due to differences in shape of bumper headlight and hood.)

I see there is also saw a pretty stock looking option on aliexpress. Has anyone tried that? Hows the quality? (I'd post a link but I'm not allowed to for being a new.)

I know I'm not the only person whose thought about this so I've got to imagine it's been discussed but I just can't find the thread. Appreciate any direction. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Unfortunately, there's no way to put GT headlights on a non-GT, or the other way around - the wire harness is completely different. :(

I've seen several people on the forum here with the AliExpress headlights and they seem to like them. I haven't heard anything in terms of problems, but that doesn't mean they're perfect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, yeah, I'm aware of not being able to switch to GT headlights that makes complete sense. But it seems the 2016 has a tech package that included LED headlights and LED daytime running lights that are different from the GT headlights. Looks to simply be a different housing with added accent lighting. Can those be swapped?

·
Registered
44 Posts
thanks for the reply, yeah, I'm aware of not being able to switch to GT headlights that makes complete sense. But it seems the 2016 has a tech package that included LED headlights and LED daytime running lights that are different from the GT headlights. Looks to simply be a different housing with added accent lighting. Can those be swapped?
I have never seen them! Which one are they?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my local mazda dealer tonight and I'm starting to wonder if I got mixed up in my searches. I THOUGHT there was a version of housing that was the shape of the sport/touring but had the LED DRL interior. Can't seem to find any vehicles in my for sale searches that include the 2016 touring with tech package or the 2017 touring with premium package so that I could see what the headlights look like.

I'd really like to know what the LED DRL look like on these packages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I was searching for vehicle prices I saw a 2017 Mazda 6 Touring model with tech package at the dealership and the headlights look like the GT trim. I just checked Mazda site and this is what I found for Touring + Touring Premium Package:

Touring Premium Package

• LED Headlights with auto leveling
  • LED Daytime Running Lights
  • Adaptive Front-lighting System
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror with HomeLink®24
  • Auto-dimming driver's side mirror
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Leather-trimmed seats
  • 8-way power driver's seat with power lumbar support

·
Registered
33 Posts
I talked to my local mazda dealer tonight and I'm starting to wonder if I got mixed up in my searches. I THOUGHT there was a version of housing that was the shape of the sport/touring but had the LED DRL interior. Can't seem to find any vehicles in my for sale searches that include the 2016 touring with tech package or the 2017 touring with premium package so that I could see what the headlights look like.

I'd really like to know what the LED DRL look like on these packages.
These are the "premium package" Headlamps for the 2017.5 (not sure how much different it is), with full LED DRLs and headlamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's too cost prohibitive to do a swap. The wiring harnesses aren't compatible, but that's the least of your worries. The LED headlights have a completely different shape than the halogens, so to swap them out, you're looking at also replacing your bumper, front grille, side fenders, and possibly the hood...simply not worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
TitaniumVT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing